how to get the fans going

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Re: how to get the fans going

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Really? So what you are saying is we want fickle players then?

I want players that will play for us regardless of whether we stay up or go down. If he is thinking that now then he can go now as far as I'm concerned.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Of course he'll be thinking that now. You really think Rene Howe is going to be joining us in the conference just because the fans will think he's a great bloke for doing so?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

I reckon Rene will be off whatever happens. With his contract being up at the end of the season he will be able to negotiate a rather nice signing on fee and better wages than we can offer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

How to get the fans going is for the players to beat Barnet, give blood ( i don't mean in one of those mobile van thingys but i mean on the pitch ), give sweat, give everything, fight, swear, encourage, battle, tackle, press, gesticulate, attack, get one, go for another, then another, don't sit back, dig in, be first to every ball, be nasty, be tw*ts, tell themselves they are having the points and nothing is gonna stop them getting them, win AT ALL COSTS.

It has to happen on saturday otherwise we'll not get out of this one. The players get amazing away support and encouragement yet STILL cannot win and convince so it's up to the players against Barnet to line up arm in arm in front of the pop and be counted and look the fans in the eyes and be true to themselves. They then should know what this game means to us all and they'll go and get the win. If not, clear nearly all of them out in the summer as i don't want players like this at the club not even in the BSP. They will be losers and no good for TUFC.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Not quite sure given his form in the second half of the season that there will be a queue at Plainmoor. That said if he does go, I won't personally be too put out. He hasn't exactly kick started his career at TQ1
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Spot Andy.. :clap: No daft, meaningless statements from players saying they will stay at the club if we retain our league status, just a performance, no fear, full of fight and determination, attack and blow Barnet out of the water.

York still have Northampton and Dagenham away, and the improving Southend at home, Aldershot still have to go to Northampton and Vale, a win next week changes everything again, our team have te chance to go out next week and retain there league status, the right attitude and performance from the start is what will get the fans going.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

austrianandygull wrote:How to get the fans going is for the players to beat Barnet, give blood ( i don't mean in one of those mobile van thingys but i mean on the pitch ), give sweat, give everything, fight, swear, encourage, battle, tackle, press, gesticulate, attack, get one, go for another, then another, don't sit back, dig in, be first to every ball, be nasty, be tw*ts, tell themselves they are having the points and nothing is gonna stop them getting them, win AT ALL COSTS.

It has to happen on saturday otherwise we'll not get out of this one. The players get amazing away support and encouragement yet STILL cannot win and convince so it's up to the players against Barnet to line up arm in arm in front of the pop and be counted and look the fans in the eyes and be true to themselves. They then should know what this game means to us all and they'll go and get the win. If not, clear nearly all of them out in the summer as i don't want players like this at the club not even in the BSP. They will be losers and no good for TUFC.
Great post. That's exactly what we need. Having been to every home game and almost all away games this season the fans cannot be blamed for their lack of support. Every time I am at a game, if the players put in a shift the fans respond. It's up to the team now - they are on the pitch. I am afraid they simply don"t have our desire to survive, When the seasons finished they will move on to their next club. Makes me angry when this is our club and there is nothing we can do to influence things. I will not have the fans blamed for a lack of support for the team. That's been there all season - is the same true of the players effort?
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

How to get the fans going?

Easy, show passion, score goals and win games. That's all we've asked for all season.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Argyle was a tenner to get in today.

We need to slash prices for Saturday and get as many as possible in the ground, in fact why not make it free? As long as they publicise it properly we should be able to get a decent sized crowd for nothing surely?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Jerry wrote:Argyle was a tenner to get in today.

We need to slash prices for Saturday and get as many as possible in the ground, in fact why not make it free? As long as they publicise it properly we should be able to get a decent sized crowd for nothing surely?

BANG ON !!
SORT IT BAKER,, PROVE YOU GIVE A FECK !!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Sorry to say this but we are not going to increase our attendance, i dont think it matters what they do. The football this season has been dreadful. The locals dont care anymore. I know supporters that have been going for years and they find it increasingly difficult to motivate themselves to go. Theres no enthusiasm, no publicity, TQFC are going backwards.
Unless there is radical change within the spin of our club we are doomed.
If it all goes wrong you just watch the Directors finger pointing and blaming each other.
vinny
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jordan Chappel

Post by vinny »

I earlier emailed the club, with regards to slashing the prices, and filling the ground, as next week against Barnet is do or die.

This is what i sent, there is no doubt more that could be done to build this game up.....but i reckon it will fall on deaf ears, as of late the club has not been listening to the supporters.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the powers that be.

As we are severely in the brown stuff, we need anything and everything to enable us to get 3 invaluable points against Barnet.

Bite the bullet and reduce the gate prices !!!!

Yes i know there is an offer in the Herald for this game. But its not good enough in my mind.

For the Barnet game we NEED 5000 + ...........its a must !!!!

Reduce adult prices in ALL areas of the ground to £10......AND pay on the GATE ...!!!!

Likewise, reduce kids to £2.

What is also a must.....ADVERTISE it properly ....on the websites..Local radio....Heart, Palm, Radio Devon. Flyers around Torbay, Newton abbot,
totnes, teignmouth, shops, businesses.........Front page on Herald on thursday...!!!!

If we dont .....im telling you, we will not get much over 3000 people in the ground........when we must be looking to fill it. It would be great for the players to come out to over 5000, maybe 6000 supporters cheering them on.

Other things as well – Make it a ‘YELLOW’ day..........we havent done this in a couple of years
- let our supporters have the ‘away’ – as i cant see Barnet bringing many with them.

WE MUST have a FULL ground with an atmosphere to cheer the lads onto 3 most precious points.

We just have to get the 3 points on offer. Relegation is not an option, believe me. We will not come back into this league as quickly as before, and our gates will go back to the lows of the bad old days of the mid-eighties.

Yours....a very loyal supporter of 28 years, but seriously very concerned one as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I think we need to forget about gimmicks like freebies or low prices for the Barnet game and just get the f*cking games won and our safety assured and then sort all this sh*t out with the board over the summer. Someone needs to spearhead a fans group to go to meetings / protests or whatever in the summer with the fans concerns and ideas and make them f*cking listen and start being pro-active instead of sitting on their hands all the time because what has happened on the pitch this season has been sickening stuff and was easily preventable a good few months ago and it can't be allowed to happen again. In addtion, the comedic calamaties and laughable disasters one after another off the pitch ( bar the bench ) need to be analysed and learned from otherwise we may as well all go and do it again next season and get deja vu.

I don't know if there is a fans group that liases with the board but there should be if not. Fans sharing ideas and possible solutions with the board AND the board being totally transparent with us can only help our club move forwards and make the fans feel they are constructively helping the club in other ways than just chucking money at them all the time only to be disillusioned and disenfranchised. We ARE all in this together and so we should work together for the best interests of the club.

If these extra fans won't come when we're doing sh*t then in all honesty f*ck 'em. Let us concentrate on the fans that want to come week in week out or as much as they can get and work off that as a base to build from. They'll come back for a few games if we start doing well and disappear again when we are back in the brown stuff so let's take the extra cash when it comes but not rely on it.

At the same time the club must work to make this core of special fans feel appreciated and valued as best they can and then everyone will be happy and TUFC will be a little club in a little town with little money but we will be a bigger and stonger animal, a powerful unit with a unity that can cope and rally round when sh*t like this season threatens to happen and a unity that celebrates the supreme joy and satisfaction our club gives us inside when we leave a football stadium having just claimed 3 points or grabbed an unlikely draw.

We as fans who want to support the club no matter what are together, i still think we will go down and lots of you don't but we will still go when we can and support the team regardless of our thoughts and opinions. Our differences don't matter in the end because we're all yellow and should we stay up i'm sure i'll be coming on here slating Bodin again whilst you lot give me some abuse, it doesn't matter ultimately because we all want the same thing and those that care will keep this club afloat BSP or not.

Why?

Because we have a duty to. Because it is in our blood.

I feel a but fake saying that as i'm not a Devonian but my passion and feelings for what part the club plays in my life are the same as yours. Let's pay the money, let's get down to Plainmoor on saturday and let's just hope that the players have finally felt the penny drop and twigged that they need to do something special. They need to win a couple of football matches. I can't believe it has come to this.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
markw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by markw »

Re argyle for £10.00 today, I also thought I heard that they were providing Free Coach travel to Burton ?? next Saturday ... How proactive is that compared to our Board .

Even if the board dont do anything for the fans next week...and I don't believe they will, what we need , is to get behind he team from the off...and for the team to give us something to get excited about, doesn't always have to be goals (although that would help...a lot) , but passion, commitment and a desire to run through brick walls for the shirt. Something which hasn't been in a great deal of evidence this season
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Good post Andy!!

I thought there was already a group of fans that use to meet every month or so. Or there was at the start of the season. Has it been binned off??

We have been talking about this all season regarding the failings of Match day experience, if its not the shop its the stewards, or its something else.

I, like all the other supporters wants 5,000 every game, but its just not going to happen even if we win the next 3 and stay up.

I also cannot believe it has come to this. What the hell has happened.

Also somebody tell me what the reasoning behind today's team selection. Why NO CRUISE, Why NO CRAIG.

Fed up