Roy Evans

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
goldenblue
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Roy Evans

Post by goldenblue »

There are many loyal Torquay Utd supporters that follow the team through the good times and the bad, they do not do it for it self glory or publicity but because they love the team. One such fan has just died at the age of 89.

A couple of years ago we were talking in the pub about football in general and Torquay Utd in particular when the subject came around to the first match you ever saw and when. I was reasonably impressed with mine: Torquay United v Crystal Palace 30th March 1959 but faded into obscurity when Roy announced his.

His first ever visit to a football match was 27th August 1927 aged 4, his father took him to Plainmoor to watch Torquay United's first ever match in the football league against Exeter City. The large crowd of 11000 meant that his father sat him pitch side of the wall which is now the pop side.
He never stopped supporting Torquay and until recent years I would see him at away games as well as home.

Torquay United has lost a true fan, a gentleman and a man I was proud to know.

RIP Roy Evans
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

im sure we all echoe your post golden.......that is what you call a true fan....rest in peace Roy Evans.....
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Thats an amazing supporter IMHO!!! What stories Roy must have had to tell. Rest easy now Mr Evans.
Oblivion!!!!
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Incredible loyalty to his team over so many years. Sad news to hear of Roy's passing.
The Club were certainly fortunate to have had such a faithful supporter over all that time.

RIP Roy Evans
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Amazing to think he saw the club first ever league game, and stayed so loyal, never you knew you, however R.I.P Roy Evans.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Guys like this exist, and they want to 'honour' Bartlett, do me a favour.

Well played Roy, a credit to yourself.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Watching United for nearly 85 years must go down as one of the records for lower league teams. if we don't like the idea of Cabbage being homoured why don't we do something about it.
Lets start a case to put before the club to honour Roy Evans instead. He has earned it by regular loyal attendance and correct behavious unlike Cabbage.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843