New boss poll

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Who do you want as our new boss?

Poll ended at 01 Jun 2011, 00:04

Hargreaves
28%
Hill
No votes
Hodges (K)
No votes
Hodges (L)
1%
Trollope
27%
Rosenior
24%
Other
20%

Total votes: 90

tuafc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

New boss poll

Post by tuafc »

Select one of the options (based on latest rumours as to possibilities, seems a previous association is a pre-requisite!)

Am intrigued to see who the majority prefer.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Gone for other: Alex Russell. He lives and breathes football - great footballing brain. Loads of contacts, Torquay background, and still League One standard. Think he'd be a great choice.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Rioch. lives in Cornwall; massive Europe wide contacts. Already a legend here. No brainer.
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Alex Russell would be a top choice, but I saw Rosenior there and I couldn't resist picking him :)

Rioch as well would be good as director of football I think, especially if we appoint someone like hargreaves.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Can't believe people would even consider Rosenior. His reaction when Exeter took us apart in "that match" told me he hates us.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Can't believe people would even consider Rosenior. His reaction when Exeter took us apart in "that match" told me he hates us.
He clearly doesn't hate us, he's constantly referring to us with affection in Late Kickoff, and when the BBC told managers to come in in their rivals shirts, he came in in a City shirt apparently :bow:
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Leroy loves the Club, quite remarkable when you think of the ridicule he must have had to endure over the last 4 years.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

yellowforever wrote: He clearly doesn't hate us, he's constantly referring to us with affection in Late Kickoff, and when the BBC told managers to come in in their rivals shirts, he came in in a City shirt apparently :bow:
He may not hate us "in the supporters sense" but he hates the way he was treated by our current board in the ten minute saga. That coupled with his reaction at "that match" and his non commitment at the end of his reign rules him out IMO.
GreenwichGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by GreenwichGull »

Problem with Alex Russell is that he's just signed a new one-year deal with Yeovil, which might rule him out unless he has a management release clause. Rioch for a season overseeing a younger manager would be fantastic.

Whoever they go for let's just hope it's done relatively quickly to minimise the unsettling effect on the squad.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

GreenwichGull wrote:Problem with Alex Russell is that he's just signed a new one-year deal with Yeovil, which might rule him out unless he has a management release clause.
Ciderspace, the Yeovil fans site, seems to think Russell has yet to sign a new contract:

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/ne ... emId=15048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Leroy or Hargreaves for me. Don't mind which, but I don't want Trollope. Rioch or Harvey would be ok too in my eyes.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Leroy hates us? He'd have every reason to, but i've never seen him say anything but positive stuff about us. If he was critical after the Exeter game it's probably because we were rubbish and got torn apart on our own ground. He'd by my choice every day of the week, but it won't happen. Of the others, Rioch with one of the others (Greavsie, Russell, Hill) in a coaching capacity.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

i can scarcely believe that anyone in their Right mind would want Rosenior (no chance) or Hargreaves (no managerial experience) over Rioch or Trollope. Its beyond belief.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

What has 'no chance' got to do with people wanting Leroy? There's no chance of us getting Alex Ferguson, but he was listed in the poll i'd have picked him.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Can't believe people would even consider Rosenior. His reaction when Exeter took us apart in "that match" told me he hates us.
How strange. It told me the complete opposite!

It also confirmed to me that he had matured as a manager, and was far more tactically aware than Buckle at that time.

However, that was then and this is now. Life has moved on and PB has improved to the point that the Gasheads have come knocking. Good luck to them....

Meanwhile my concern is that too much of the current success is down to loanees, and rumours of financial austerity measures do little to provide comfort about next season.

That being said I thought the crowd figure at OT was a shocking inditement on the pretensions of both Stevenage and ourselves to establish a base in Division 1.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)