Torquay United v Woking - Friday 2nd April @ 3:00pm

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Torquay United v Woking - Friday 2nd April @ 3:00pm

Post by Nick Potkins »

So here we go again. As we enter April Torquay United sit nicely in third place, a position I am sure we would have taken at the start of the season, I know I would have done.

There is still so much to play for, maybe accepting top spot may have gone now. A top seven finish must be the first target and three points from this game will help.

Very excited to see our new striker perform again and up against the 'pantomime villain'. Fingers crossed a number of key players appear to be returning as we push for promotion.

Exciting times, come on you YELLOWS 💛💛💛
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

If we can't finish first then top three must be the target.
Then just one home play off game from Wembley.
Fourth to seventh would mean two play off games before the final, at least one of which would be away.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Yes we must win tomorrow they have been dreadful lately and worse than us. Nice for our Sunderland loanee to play against a guy who will surely get shredded and even a straight red could happen. Think we will win around 2 nil
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Up early today and could feel it in my waters - 4-1 to Torquay.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Anyone know if Woking have furloughed any players and are fielding a team of young'uns? Their manager said they would if they lost in the Trophy last week, which they duly did. But I've not seen any formal notice of furloughs.

Looking forward to seeing a teamsheet of lambs to the slaughter.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Wonder if GJ will spring any surprises?
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 07:59 Anyone know if Woking have furloughed any players and are fielding a team of young'uns? Their manager said they would if they lost in the Trophy last week, which they duly did. But I've not seen any formal notice of furloughs.

Looking forward to seeing a teamsheet of lambs to the slaughter.
Given our form against Woking over the years, I hope you mean the Woking lambs, and not ours :~D :whistle:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MellowYellow wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 07:36 Up early today and could feel it in my waters - 4-1 to Torquay.
Go and see a Dr.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Probably all bullshit from their loony manager - does it really matter what team they put out though? - if we can't win this one we might as well give up all hopes of promotion. Apparently they have several injuries including Napa and Loza, but how true that is its anyones guess.

Moxey looked well off the pace when he came on against Dagenham and failed miserably to get a challenge in for their winner. I'd go for the more mobile Law myself.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Yes just watched it again, very slack from Moxey , as poor as Wynter , the guy was completely unmarked in acres of space in the box then just sidestepped Moxey. We must sharpen up all round if we are to get anything from this season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 02 Apr 2021, 09:50 Go and see a Dr.
Was waiting for it :) Not medical just an old-fashioned idiom for intuition or hunch.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

They call on it mind games. Of course they have not furloughed most of their players as they would have you believe.

It was 1st April yesterday!
DWB
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by DWB »

So Notts County have just beaten Wrexham with Mark Ellis scoring the winner again. I guess a draw would have been the best result here?
And Hartlepool are beating Dagenham so makes it pretty essential that we get 3 points today, hopefully GJ will get them fired up!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Come on United up the tempo , too many passes not enough shots.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Poor first half - don't really look like we are going to score. Andrews has to come on for Little who is totally out of position.