Jamie Sendles-White signs!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Jamie Sendles-White signs!

Post by budegull1954 »

New signing just announced on the OS:

https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-j ... oins-tufc/
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Good signing! I hoped we might get him when he was released by Swindon a while back!

A very interesting recent article about him, and the trials and tribulations of trying to earn a career out of football, here ....

https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/its ... he-season/

He was clearly hoping for an offer “higher up the pyramid” and so were lucky to get him, I think.

Not quite what we were expecting, another centre half, but a solid addition to the squad and a direct replacement for the recently departed Gowling I guess.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Centre-half was probably GJs primary focus given the lack of depth there, sounds like a quality signing who will bring much needed competition to the squad.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Fair bit of competition in that area now. Niate back, with Essuman and the impressive Cameron also available. Sokolik still to return.
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

A fifth centre back on a permanent contract seems a bit excessive, so you'd have to wonder is GJ thinking of either playing a back 3, sending one out on loan, or deploying one as a defensive midfielder/right back.
In any case a quality signing. Hoping we see a striker and a winger next
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

And the bonus is that he has a proper English name - James Sendles-White has a fine ring to it.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

If available for Saturday, then who misses out on the bench?
I think itll bs Bawling or Banton
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by CP Gull »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 19:04 If available for Saturday, then who misses out on the bench?
I think itll bs Bawling or Banton
They might both miss out as we also have Koue-Niate back fit and available. One other possibility, if we go 3 at the back, is that Wynter (who started on the right of a back 3 on Saturday, I believe) could also miss out - with Opi Edwards taking his position as a more attack minded wing back?
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Much as we all wonder about CO'S plans for tufc he deserves credit for bringing in GJ and giving him the funds to bring in JSW.I'll be very surprised if we aren't in the playoffs at the end of the season,hopefully even champions.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

For me that's an instant statement that Mr Johnson is here to make us winners. So refreshing after the droning of the previous manager.

Just what we needed and hopefully the first of many plans being put in place by him.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

One of GJ's opening statements as manager was that there wasn't enough competition within the squad. This signing should be a sign that he sticks to his word and truly believes that we can win the league and finally get moving. Forgetting the off-field antics for a second; there is, at last, some confidence with the team and a promotion season is back on the agenda.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

OMG what's happening to our club!!!! nothing but good news lately! am I dreaming? things really look positive. fair play to the club for doing what they are doing......at last!!! GJ just exudes confidence.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Good stuff. A lot of the players should be looking over their shoulders, as they were just as culpable for the position we are in as Owers was.
We have a manager with good contacts and will hopefully be able to either get those here already to actually do what they are being paid to do, or will be able to bring in players, as he has done today, that will get the job done and get us out of this horrible bloody league.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

I read that he left Leyton Orient following some disciplinary issues and an incident with fans. Does anyone know what happened?

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2017/november/jsw/
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Road2League2 wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 00:10 I read that he left Leyton Orient following some disciplinary issues and an incident with fans. Does anyone know what happened?

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2017/november/jsw/

He should fit right in, then ;-) .
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.