Angus MacDonald

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Angus MacDonald

Post by CraigUnder »

Young defender from reading, expected to sign for us on Thursday, on OS now: http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 48,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jocktheknife
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Nicho

Post by jocktheknife »

Still to play a professional game being the only drawback here, so here very much for cover only, I would have thought.

Ex England Youth International, well thought of and described as "towering" - 19 now and only signed as a pro last summer, not one we would have a chance of signing in the summer it seems.

I'm fine with this one....it obviously hasn't broken the bank.
....aka jmgull.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

jocktheknife wrote:Still to play a professional game being the only drawback here, so here very much for cover only, I would have thought.

Ex England Youth International, well thought of and described as "towering" - 19 now and only signed as a pro last summer, not one we would have a chance of signing in the summer it seems.

I'm fine with this one....it obviously hasn't broken the bank.
About as much a Scottish name as you can possibly get so very surprised he is English!

I wonder if any one called 'Angus' has ever played for the England senior side!?

Just a cover signing and seems Saah will be given his chance (as expected). If it saves the pennies to bring someone in to spice up our attacking options then happy with this.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Reading have an absolute ton of youngsters out on loan and most of them re pretty well thought of. It's a shame Angus's half brother Jock McHaggis wasn't signed as well.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I remember when we had a keeper on loan from Reading...........
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote:Reading have an absolute ton of youngsters out on loan and most of them re pretty well thought of. It's a shame Angus's half brother Jock McHaggis wasn't signed as well.
Stolen from the Reading fans forum that one royalgull ;-)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:I remember when we had a keeper on loan from Reading...........

>:(
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Yep absolutely, it made me LOL and needed a TQ audience.

Andersen i thought was absolutely terrible but since his loan with us, The Gas thought he was amazing, Reading have given him 2 new contracts, he was named European u21 championship goalkeeper of the tournament, is now 2nd choice at Reading at the moment and they've fended off offers from European clubs for him. I couldn't see that happening when I saw him spaff his kick against aldershot I must say.

I've never heard of Aberdeen Angus but the youth players at Reading are usually pretty good.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

royalgull wrote:Yep absolutely, it made me LOL and needed a TQ audience.

Andersen i thought was absolutely terrible but since his loan with us, The Gas thought he was amazing, Reading have given him 2 new contracts, he was named European u21 championship goalkeeper of the tournament, is now 2nd choice at Reading at the moment and they've fended off offers from European clubs for him. I couldn't see that happening when I saw him spaff his kick against aldershot I must say.

I've never heard of Aberdeen Angus but the youth players at Reading are usually pretty good.
I thought he was absolutely terrible too! He seemed to think that if he left his goal line he would be instantly ravaged by a pack of angry, disease-ridden dogs. Clearly he has improved since his spell with us, so fair play to him and i hope he goes further...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Really good news. Angus seems to be a talented youngster who will be a great addition to the squad right up to the last game (play-off final?). Thank you to Brian McDermott (a lovely bloke who used to be my next door neighbour when he played for Shitty in the late 80s.).
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Sounds like a good player, let's hope he fits in well at tufc :-D
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
stokie
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: sills

Post by stokie »

He's been on loan with us at Basingstoke for the last couple of months, i know it's a few leagues lower but he's been quality and we were looking to keep him till the end of the season.
Every one here felt he'd play at a lot higher level and could even break into Reading's first team, giving a good run i'm sure you'll be impressed by him
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

This is what was expected , Lingy was allways going to go with Ellis/Saah, what we have here is a good quality back up , this lad no doubt can step in if called opon, and do a good job for the team.
Formerly known as forevertufc
goodluckgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by goodluckgull »

Ed Palmer must be feeling a bit upset. He must have been thinking he had a good chance of being the back up. Things can change so quickly in the life of a footballer.