Seems like Oastler is off too ...

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Warwickgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: HOWE

Post by Warwickgull »

Buckle certainly loves Zeb, always the first name on the team sheet. I would say Torquay will be after 150k for him. He will play the majority of the time on the right of midfield anyway not as a striker, ( if you are 442 ).

On away days you will no doubt start with 3 forwards, 3 when you have the ball and 1 when you have not, the other 2 forwards dropping back into wide midfield positions to help the fullbacks. Anyway enough of what tactics you have to look forward to for next season, I really hope Zeb doesn't go, I cannot see our board agreeing a fee for him unless we get a great offer for him, unless of course Zeb stamps his feet and says he doesn't want to play for us anymore. We apparently blew rovers out of the water on wages when it came to stoping Guy Branston leaving us to come to you, so I would have thought our board will battle just as hard to stop Zeb joining you.

Buckle is starting to get on my ti*s now to be honest, "go do your shopping somwhere else Buckle"! :red:
Everybody has a photographic memory, some people just dont have film.
miltonkeynesgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by miltonkeynesgull »

Boom Boom wrote:I perceived (stand to be corrected) it wasn't a professional foul, it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, which he wasn't successful in. Not a great loss or indeed a matchwinner. But the latter isn't his job of course.
We'll never know for sure but even if it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, he still did a job breaking up the attack. I think it's a little unfair to dismiss him at the moment, as let's not forget he is only young. I reckon he's got potential (having witnessed him playing excellently at Mansfield in the FA Cup, Barnet away, and Burton away), who'll offer us decent cover in defence and midfield, and if we can improve him, we might make some money out of a future transfer.
Last edited by miltonkeynesgull on 18 Jun 2011, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Oastler is already a good player at this level and will only improve. If true it will AGAIN be Rovers gain and our loss. Would be nice to see something happening at Torquay regards new recruits - the quietness on this front is deafening!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Granted, I suppose we can't keep releasing players as we won't have any left. We'll soon see how much of a blow it was losing our players based on the quality of Lings transfer purchases.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To be fair Rich, he's just been given the job, probably already made some moves and awating answers, it won't happen overnight..............unless your name is Paul Buckle and you're prepared to do the dirty on your employers by royally screwing up any chance of continuity.

I hope the Rovers fans get what they want eventually, I just hope it's after they realise Buckle is a cu*t and he gets packed off to FGR in the Conference.

As for Oastler, agree, he's already a good player at this level and anyone saying otherwise should pay more attention or perhaps save their comments until they've seen him play a number of games. He did afterall play out of his preferred position of centre-back, yet another of Buckles weird and wonderful decisions to play a player out of his natural position. (Can't wait to see what the Gas fans make of that)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I was very impressed with Oastler last season (as was reflected in almost all my match reports) and for us not to sign him would be a loss - not a massive loss, but a loss all the same. I had no idea until recently that he is a centre-back, as he looked so comfortable as a holding midfielder.

To be fair, this could all be complete nonsense. This rumour is based on an ex-QPR player signing for Rovers, and saying that he is mates with another one of their potential signings. Someone has put this together and come up with Oastler, on the basis that they were both at Salisbury together.

QPR however have released a whole number of young pros, as you might expect of a side who have been promoted to the Premiership. It could be any one of them - for example we know Buckle had an eye on (and I believe had on trial) Josh Parker, so it could just as likely be him.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I hope we can keep hold of Oastler, he's already fairly decent, is young and can improve still, plus he's got good versatility which is very useful at league 2 level. I don't think it's the worst news if we do lose him though, but would like to keep some continuity in the team.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I just hope that, whoever they sign, they learn to spell their names.

As for Oastler, he's a decent player who will get better as time goes on. Could be an excellent foil for Mark Ellis at the back.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

What has FGR done to us then Dave. To my knowledge I haven't seen any agro between the two. Rather if PB moved he goes to Crawley. The we could all have a good ole laugh when they go bust.
But I bet they are starting to feel like Millwall. "Nobody likes us and we don't care"
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nothing mate, I have a soft spot for them as it happens, very friendly and welcoming Club. It was more a slight on Buckle than them :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Popside_Josh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Popside_Josh »

Just leave us alone buckle :( hes actually robbing everyone of our transfer targets :(

a little song for rovers next season " are you torquay in disguise "
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Southampton Gull wrote:Nothing mate, I have a soft spot for them as it happens, very friendly and welcoming Club. It was more a slight on Buckle than them :)
Ah. I think we all know what that Soft spot is don't we Dave. It tends to hold large quantities of Magners. lol
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843