New Signings for the 2023-2024 Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Bradley Ash inbound, as first reported by Jamie Cole (tier 1).

https://x.com/Bradash111/status/1658138 ... 53122?s=20
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

"as first reported"

Isn't Jamie Cole just some random torquay fan on twitter? I can reply to Lionel Messi and say "welcome to Torquay United!" but he's probably not going to leave Paris to come to South Devon.

We're probably well placed since we're in the same general area and will be full-time next season, but I tend not to believe people on twitter.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

happytorq wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:58 "as first reported"

Isn't Jamie Cole just some random torquay fan on twitter? I can reply to Lionel Messi and say "welcome to Torquay United!" but he's probably not going to leave Paris to come to South Devon.

We're probably well placed since we're in the same general area and will be full-time next season, but I tend not to believe people on twitter.
Tendency to agree - but he has left Weymouth and I guess will be heading to a F/T club. If it is within the NLS then that leaves us Yeovil or Maidstone. Whatever - we all like a rumour now and again.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

happytorq wrote: 15 May 2023, 17:58 "as first reported"

He is indeed. The blokes probably off the Yeovil!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

MellowYellow wrote: 15 May 2023, 18:10 Tendency to agree - but he has left Weymouth and I guess will be heading to a F/T club. If it is within the NLS then that leaves us Yeovil or Maidstone. Whatever - we all like a rumour now and again.
at 27, you'd have to be really determined to be able to say "professional footballer" if it's going to be your first full-time contract. Even if you manage to forge a 'good' career, you're not retiring at 35 with enough money to not work again. So, as a current part-time player, it might be better for you and your family to keep playing PT and have a 'career' on the side.

If he does want to give full time professional football a chance, it's probably going to be with us; Yeovil's takeover has only just gone through so I doubt they've offered contracts to anybody new yet, and the fact he's told Weymouth suggest he has something lined up.

As it is I suspect he's going to a part time club closer to where he's from (i don't know where that is, mind)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

happytorq wrote: 15 May 2023, 18:22 at 27, you'd have to be really determined to be able to say "professional footballer" if it's going to be your first full-time contract. Even if you manage to forge a 'good' career, you're not retiring at 35 with enough money to not work again. So, as a current part-time player, it might be better for you and your family to keep playing PT and have a 'career' on the side.

If he does want to give full time professional football a chance, it's probably going to be with us; Yeovil's takeover has only just gone through so I doubt they've offered contracts to anybody new yet, and the fact he's told Weymouth suggest he has something lined up.

As it is I suspect he's going to a part time club closer to where he's from (i don't know where that is, mind)
He's from Weston-Super-Mare, and as they've just been promoted back to the NLS he might just be returning there. He has played professionally before, was signed by Barnsley from Weston but never played for them by the looks of it and went out on a couple loans including a season at Borehamwood.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Admiral »

While he could do a job, it wouldn’t go down as a marquee signing. Then again, Evans arrived after starting for Cardiff in the championship, Jarvis arrived having scored about 2 goals in his career, and we all know how that one panned out…
Togusa22
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Togusa22 »

Saw a lot of him back in his Weston days he's not great ... Let's hope he's improved since then ...

Fairly handy on the ball but small not overly physical and dosent score all that many - although haven't seen his numbers at Weymouth maybe he's kicked on there
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

Togusa22 wrote: 15 May 2023, 21:56
Fairly handy on the ball but small not overly physical and dosent score all that many - although haven't seen his numbers at Weymouth maybe he's kicked on there
18 goals last season is a very decent return, especially if he is (as various web sites suggest) a winger rather than a striker. Not sure about that bit, but still - not bad at all.
I'd have doubts about his ability to do in NL but baby steps, I suppose.

JamieCole
Trialist
Trialist

Post by JamieCole »

Keep an eye out lads, he’s agreed terms 😉 but then again what do I know, I’m just a random person off Twitter.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No thanks
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

brucie wrote: 16 May 2023, 13:14No thanks
hey, brucie - would be interested to know who you think we should be signing. Names, please - bearing in mind the current division, where we are located within England, etc.

I can wait.

GullsUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by GullsUnited »

happytorq wrote: 16 May 2023, 14:42 hey, brucie - would be interested to know who you think we should be signing. Names, please - bearing in mind the current division, where we are located within England, etc.

I can wait.
He doesn't want to, evidently he prefers to sit and moan
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

He will hate it should we have a good season next term.

He'll moan about having nothing to moan about.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by happytorq »

JamieCole wrote: 16 May 2023, 12:14 Keep an eye out lads, he’s agreed terms 😉 but then again what do I know, I’m just a random person off Twitter.
Now you're a random person off the forum as well!

If you turn out to be right, good for you. But I've learned not to believe...anything.

Still waiting for Nicky Maynard to show up.