January transfer targets

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
The Eternal Optimist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by The Eternal Optimist »

And where are we going to find an experienced proven goalscorer who is unemployed at this stage of the season? As if anyone is just hanging around waiting for us to sign him up. All such proven goalscorers are all gainfully and fully employed, and have been all season. Get real.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

This maybe blunt or harsh, but this has to be on GJ for getting us in this mess, surely someone of his experience or knowledge could of foreseen that Jarvis isn't prolific,Andrews was injury prone, Goodwin was okay but very young and inexperienced, same for Evans, we are basically shopping in other teams under 23 players market, or we gamble on a Tony Lee type of finding, who I personally wouldn't touch with a barge pole,Brandon Goodship was meant to be the next big thing, and after Southend it's totally fizzled out. My point is,why didn't we get this right in the summer, for to long we relied on Danny Wright and players who were always going to leave to better themselves, there's stacks of talent floating around in May/June EVERY year, but we've ended up with who we have, the jury is completely out on all of them, although Jarvis does at least try, and I would keep,I thought we may of tried to of signed Padraig Amond from Exeter?, Proven, not past it, and was at the time local, but he went to Woking. This time of season it's hard to find proven experience, as that's been snapped up, so we are left scratching around bargain basement/damaged goods.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

The Eternal Optimist wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 17:15 And where are we going to find an experienced proven goalscorer who is unemployed at this stage of the season? As if anyone is just hanging around waiting for us to sign him up. All such proven goalscorers are all gainfully and fully employed, and have been all season. Get real.
Nobody coming up with any names T E O, far too many here living in cuckoo land thinking we are going to capture an experienced 20 goal a season
striker in Mid January.

Unbelievable Jeff
Stickingitin
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stickingitin »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 13:32 Who's paying for him to come now?
Would you come for that generous offer?
Like I said we need proven players.
Oxymoron. If you can't pay for him to come then you certainly can't pay for anything higher.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It’s time to get real.

It’s clear that there is no dosh.

The godfather is not going to provide any. We are loaning youngsters and hoping they turn out to be a Sinclair for us as opposed to a Street.

I think we all need to cross our fingers.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree no chance of us paying the wages of an experienced player so better hope
Lawrence helps shore up the defence and Crole starts banging in some goals but I'm not confident these young lads are what we need in our situation.
Still at least Yeovil and Scunthorpe lost today, I reckon it will be from Dorking downwards - bottom nine - we must start winning some 6 pointers though, eg Maidstone at home in 2 weeks.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

The Form Table on Flashscore has us 12th joint or 15th including goal difference based on last 5 games.

Maidstone are bottom losing all five and Aldershot and Solihull have both lost 4 out the last 5. Big surprise re Solihull.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

We are in serious trouble and we all know it.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

🟡 United Announce Double Signing

Torquay United AFC is delighted to announce the signings of defender Jacob Mensah and striker Tope Fadahunsi.

https://torquayunited.com/news/
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

People said Tony Lee doesn't have enough experience...

This is another level.

I HOPE they bring something, but experience they do not

Crole also came with a strong reputation but has barely featured...what's going on?