Streaming

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
davethegull2
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by davethegull2 »

For the first time for many years (apart from the odd BT game) I was able to watch my team from here in Thailand. Every Covid cloud has a silver lining. Zero cases where I live.

I thought we got away with it a little bit. However, hard work and commitment deserves the plunder, they earned it.

I have some comments on the coverage. Start earlier, it's a huge opportunity to engage with the fans, build the excitement and improve the product. Half time was a huge anti climax. What a wasted chance to promote the club, HT scores and comments. You could even have a phone link to our Greek and GAWS neighbours for an update on their games. Where are the Sponsors? Is anyone in charge of Marketing? Even some of those LED scrolling Ads around and superimposed logos on the pitch? It looks like TV streaming is here to stay.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Cockney Cockers wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 21:47 Talking to myself here. But I see you can get the Eastleigh game on their website then sign up to radio TQ.
I would rather go my own club's site where I am already registered and pay my nine quid, job done, and my own club get the money.
Understand the thinking, but maybe there are more pro's than con's to supporting other clubs live streams (if able.)

Take Stockport County attendances which are a far cry from their football league record of the lowest number of paying spectators for any match: 13 versus Leicester City (at Old Trafford), Second Division, 7 May 1921. Last season they commanded an average attendances of 4,500 with away support averaging 900. It would not surprise me if their away support was double that on Saturday watching TU live stream at £9 a pop, bringing in a welcome revenue stream of £16,200.

If your preference is to listen to the match on TU radio that's a personal choice, but I hope many TU fans will fork out the £7.99 to watch the Eastleigh match live, not just from the enjoyment perspective but also in the acknowledgement that these live steam revenues help support each non-league clubs long term future during these unprecedented times.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Eastleigh's coverage was not as good as ours was. No replays (which meant I missed our goal) and no timer/score in the corner make it hard to ensure you're current - especially if you're working as I was. Picture quality was good though.

And - a minor annoyance - it's irritating that even though they seem to be using the same platform, I had to register all over again for the one game. Assuming all NL clubs are on the same platform, it'd make sense to allow you to have one login for all of them.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

We have a smart tv it worked ok really good picture for all the games
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Cockney Cockers wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 21:25 This was the second match I have streamed and as mentioned above it's great under the current circumstances. Would love to stream some of the away matches also but would be driven mad by the fully justified home bias. I imagine their were a few hatters fans being driven up the wall by Ray and Dave.
So surely if you could be plugged in to the home clubs telly coverage and get your home commentators either up there on the coach with the club, or just doing the commentary from the telly the revenue stream would be greatly increased. You would subscribe through your own clubs website to smoothe the red tape and also the monies paid go to your own club. This would obviously be reciprocal.
Good plan eh?
It is good listening to their pain while the yellows rip them apart and shit down their throat. :scarf:
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

arcadia wrote: 10 Oct 2020, 17:38 We have a smart tv it worked ok really good picture for all the games
Is it just me? when the action starts to move it leaves a blurry trail. I have tried streaming from a smart TV and I have tried watching from my laptop connected via hdmi but the quality is the same. In fairness I guess it's adequate, it's never going to have the clarity that BBC provide (hate BBC, just saying) (and sky, just saying) God I hope we can get back to Plainmoor soon... I don't know how long I can cope with this......Our team are really producing and we can't show our appreciation....it's not right...