Jared Lewington

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Jared Lewington

Post by Swatcat »

Most will have read this already :-

""Torquay United centre-forward Jared Lewington says he is determined to make the 'gamble' of full-time football pay off as he tries to forge a professional career at Plainmoor. The 25-year-old South Devon striker, who is about to return to action after a concussion 'protocol', has the chance to make it as a pro after a career in local amateur and regional semi-pro football. "It's anyone's dream who plays football, to be a full-time pro," said Lewington, who was an engineer before committing himself to United two months ago.""

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/footbal ... ed-3765069

I occasionally post TUFC stuff to a Guy on an unrelated Forum - he used to be involved in local football and 2 of his Sons were at Exeter City I believe. He knows Reidy well and is pleased to see him doing well. Yesterday he made these comments about Jared Lewington, (who may now blush if he reads this) :-

""He's a genuinely nice lad. He played for my club for a few seasons ( one of them mentioned in the article ) and was a pleasure to have around, a very talented lad with loads of ability and the right attitude. If he can stay injury free, he will be a real asset to the Gulls. Even though he's knocking on a bit for pro football nowadays, i can see him moving onwards and upwards from TUFC, he just needed the break.""

:-D
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

Let's hope he actually gets a real chance... we desperately need a target man to make it less easy for any opposition to bully us and smother our midfield play.