Where has the Drummer Man Gone

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Two issues here.
Surely the Club should have acknowledged the Steward had made a serious error of judgement in advising them they could on the pitch briefly. Secondly surely the fans liason officer was deeply insensitive to ask if the Club could take his Drum to away games having just banned him for 1 year.
Very foolish if true.
I think George Edwards needs to review the evidence in this case in the interests of all parties.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Sorry in the second line should say "they could go on the pitch briefly"
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

My view is that there should be implications but a year ban is extremely harsh. They've done enough time I think, but it is very difficult for the club to go back on it now. They want to take a stance and to people doing it and if they reduce the time then it may been seen as weak. It's a tricky one.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

standupsitdown wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 15:27 There’s a big difference between running on the pitch after your club has been promoted on the last day of the season and running on to interrupt a match. A year ban seems rather over the top for the latter.

When do I and most of the crowd serve our bans for the Bryn the Police Dog Crewe game?

Agree with the first part. The 2nd part , back then it was quite common , remember many times fans coming on the pitch and after the game it was very common and myself as a lad would go on pitch often after the game for autographs ECT.

Shame it sounds to a degree
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Is the ban just for running on the pitch? They entered the pitch from the away end, realised that they were the only ones doing it and sheepishly trudged off while being mocked by the Pop.

Then when the players came up to the Pop with the trophy the same idiots decided they wanted to invade again, rightly the stewards held them back and a fight ensued with punches thrown. The players looked bewildered that these morons couldn't seemingly even enjoy winning the title without having a scrap.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Actually Jerry, it was slightly different. They did go up the away end to run onto the pitch and then sheepishly came off at the Popside, but it wasn't actually them who tried to get back on.

It was one of their friends, on his own who was absolutely smashed and ended up scrapping with a steward. This guy is probably the one person who legitimately deserves a lengthy ban, and yet he's somehow escaped without punishment.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

brooker wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 23:01 Actually Jerry, it was slightly different. They did go up the away end to run onto the pitch and then sheepishly came off at the Popside, but it wasn't actually them who tried to get back on.

It was one of their friends, on his own who was absolutely smashed and ended up scrapping with a steward. This guy is probably the one person who legitimately deserves a lengthy ban, and yet he's somehow escaped without punishment.
Ok fair enough. In that case I would agree that a ban seems over the top.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by brooker »

I don't disagree that those stupid scenes threatened to spoil an otherwise brilliant occasion, just find the club's handling of the bans bizarre.

According to someone at work the club have also strangely got in touch with Notts County, who have now sent letters to the banned fans telling them they will not be admitted into the Notts County game this weekend. This seems even more heavy handed given that they've not been issued banning orders. Why get involved in other club's affairs at all?
TheElk92
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by TheElk92 »

They've all been told that they should not travel to Notts County this weekend as they will be barred from entering. The grounds for the club to do this are highly questionable, given the banning order handed out is TUFC internal and not handed down by the courts.

When you boil it down to what it really is, some young lads running on the pitch for a few fleeting seconds, a 1 year ban is extremely disproportionate.
TUST Member.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

think my feelings on this subject are pretty well known by now by those on facebook.#unbanthebanned #reinstatethereprobates #wewantourdrummerback. I'm not against regulations. In the past there's always been announcements about running on the pitch. Now the Club have decided to ban those who did; so far, not a problem. But for a WHOLE SEAson ???????? Maybe 6 games to make a point & then dire warnings about future sins....this isn't about chucking flares,fighting with stewards,assaulting managers or players(physically or verbally).Way too heavy-handed in my opinion, & it's now gone on for far too long. We all miss the banned(especially the drummer). WE've been told on the POP that we're going to be given a replacement drum to try to improve the atmosphere. They're missing the point I think. They can give us twenty drums and it won't improve the atmosphere at all without our drummer !!!!!!!!
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

should also add that several of our banned fans have been turning up at away games; adding considerably to the atmosphere at those & have caused no trouble whatsoever. To ban them from Notts County is quite ridiculous, & adding to the sense of injustice about all this.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brooker
First Regular
First Regular

Post by brooker »

:goodpost:
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Yes a one year ban is hard, if this was done out side of football it would have been a softer punishment like a fine and a mouth ban or something. May be the club could do a point system just like a driving license. What would you all think, up to 6 points then your out, :red:
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Also remember back in the 1980s we had the bell ringer, he was stopped from bringing his bell as it could have been used as a weapon, and the atmosphere was not as good, WELL DONE TORQUAY UNITED you want us to make as much noise as possible but you take the heart out of us
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Poor judgment to run on (presumably thinking many others would do the same) after the Hungerford game when we’d already won the league... but ridiculous to hand out one year bans when about 1000 people ran on the week before (without punishment, obviously, and rightly so).

Combine that with the fact that these lads have organised the redecoration of the pop with all the fantastic new banners and flags and you’d think it makes complete sense to offer a softer approach, a brief ban and a talking to AT MOST... but this is TUFC we’re talking about.

Come on Mr Edwards - lift the bans, stop this nonsense and win a load of people over in the process. ...