Torquay United Vs Dover 17.8.19

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Teigngull wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 17:05 Opens the door for someone else & prove that they're good enough & shove all the talk of needing experience back down the throats of the detractors.
Fantastic result lads well done each & everyone of you.
Proud as punch.
??? :'(
TUST number 080
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

gateman49 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 17:14 .....which according to GJ might be appealed.
Missed you last home game Mr Gateman...holiday whatever next...missing a home game :keepie:
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

I thought there was a "double jeopardy" rule this season, meaning if a penalty is awarded then the player only receives a yellow card. :-/
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Great result patience is a virtue. :keepie:
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

Great 3 points on the road. Hopefully settle into a bit of form now. Apart from Solihull I've not seen too much to fear in this league and we had our chances against them. All about finding a bit of momentum and confidence will grow.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Had to rely on the commentary for this one, we seemed to be evens at halftime and the two quick goals should have killed off the game, but we kept living dangerously and ultimately they got one back and then it was nail-biting stuff for the last five minutes, regardless our central defenders are not having a good time of things, and whether we like it or not it is an experience thing or lack of it. Whether it is a one match or a three match ban for Hall he is the one player that has consistently protected them and still found time to play his own game since the start of the season, we have no one else unless you count Dickson who probably will not be back this side of the middle of September. What has happened to duku he didn't even make the subs bench today.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

Just read the report on o/s, congratulations to the 59 Torquay supporters who made the arduous journey, especially given the time of year and motorway closures. :clap: :scarf: :goal:
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

3 in 5 for Reid now, bloody useless he is!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

:scarf:
grockle wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 17:28 I thought there was a "double jeopardy" rule this season, meaning if a penalty is awarded then the player only receives a yellow card. :-/
If I recall correctly, the rule only applies to when a defender was the last man and brings down the attacker, and is adjudged to have made a genuine attempt to play the ball.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

madgull wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 18:06 3 in 5 for Reid now, bloody useless he is!
...And with a header! :-D
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by grockle »

madgull wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 18:07 :scarf: If I recall correctly, the rule only applies to when a defender was the last man and brings down the attacker, and is adjudged to have made a genuine attempt to play the ball.
Fair enough :rules:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Covalan was interviewed and said it wasn't a penalty - said that the ball hit the underside of the bar and rolled back down Halls arm which was by his side so seems he may not have been able to get out the way of it, hence the appeal.

Seems like Johnson didn't think much of Macdonalds goalkeeping on Tueday either as Covalan was told he was playing on Wednesday!!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Teigngull wrote: 16 Aug 2019, 12:18 Horses for courses is what's required.
National league premier players for national league football unless we're all happy for us to carry on playing teams off the park but succumbing to the proverbial sucker punch week in week out which in turn leaves us so far behind we end up being sucked into a relegation battle nobody predicted.
Yes were only 4 games in, Oh it's far too early to panic , I hear, Bollocks, it needs addressing now, I'm all for bringing on young talented players but you need that experience on the pitch to guide them through sticky periods during the 90 minutes.
Now your are talking about quote "shove all the talk about needing experience back down the throats of the detractors". Touch hypocritical.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Where are all the doom and gloom anti Reidy merchants now? Sack Gary. Replace Reid. Have a word with yourselves. COYY. In Gary we trust.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 18:49 Now your are talking about quote "shove all the talk about needing experience back down the throats of the detractors". Touch hypocritical.
No I'm a loud advocate of horses for courses & we are well short of the experience I feel we need to be able to game manage successfully, but, if someone can come in & make Asa's position his own then I'm happy to eat humble pie.
How's that hypocritical?
I'd rather be proved wrong with our current squads ability to steer the ship through tough periods of play, but I still have reservations.
If that's hypocritical then so be it.