Torquay United v Chippenham Town 08/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 17:50 Name the van Reid and it will start every time.
Haha come Reidy there's always next week :scarf:
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

He seems pretty calm in his video, has no pressure on him at all. Not even suprised at this point. Gg Osbourne. Your plan is working. You selfish bastard!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Surely enough is enough. Under a normal ownership Owers would be long gone
Utterly clueless going forward, often the player on the ball is and you can see them saying or gesticulating it, "where are my options ? where is the movement ? " and it ends up being lumped forward. This has got to be down to the manager
Every team I have seen us play this season plays proper football, it's very simple really but we seem incapable.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

First 5-10 mins

Refreshing - passing the ball around, forced a couple of corners - looked like we could actually play football!

Rest of the game

Oh dear. The goal is a category of errors Essuman not knowing which way is up and Hall with a poor touch result in a shot, save and their corner. Who knows who was marking their scorer completely free uncontested header!

Then we resorted to hoof ball all day which clearly didnt work

Owers then put the nail in the coffin by taking Keating off who was still having an impact

Regis clearly needed to be replaced - the subs of Williams (did he even touch the ball?) and cant head for toffee Banton were pointless

Cameron again tried his best but his partner in Essuman is poor, thought Reid had an okay game

Finally a word of the officials

I actually think they havent been too bad this season compared to what i was expecting but today was shite. He had 0 control, players did what they pleased.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

There is no rational or logical explanation for persisting with Owers other than the deliberate sabotage of the football club. He has been here for a year and it has been the worst year in our history. I’d take Nicholson like a shot over this inept football manager, not that in any shape or form do I want to see Nicholson return.

I guess Owers has a livelihood to protect but he is lucky to be in a job - any other club would have got rid of him months and months ago.

We may be NLS and we don’t expect to win every game but you don’t lose at home to Chippenham. It’s beyond the pale.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

We can all talk, sometimes we can scream and shout, sometimes we can try and reason. I just expressed my disappointment, really. I’m sure the lads are disappointed. They’re a good group of lads. I’ve brought them all here or kept them here and I want them to do well, and I still want them to do well.”

That's for that Gary, that will get their blood pumping for the next game, errr I mean 1-0 defeat
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I just wish he was let go tonight or tomorrow, it’s not happening though.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well after that performance we can say for certain we will not win promotion this season.

We simply do not look like a good side in every aspect of the game.

The subs Williams, Banton, and Wright were totally ineffective.

On today's show only Bass, Cameron, Davis, and Andrews would deserve to play next week.

We are weak in midfield and the forward players show no quality at all. Very very depressing.
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

at least we started well with our bristol loanees playing well for 30mins and creating a couple of opportunities. Ok we were 1 down but surely you keep the first bit of creativity in central midfield? No he moves him out on the wing and then swaps to the other side and never saw him bar free kicks. We do continue with Regis there though and he is just so woeful. Can't pass and no closing down from him either. So barring a set piece or a bit of fortune we weren't going to get a goal back. Load s of owers out but he won't go, unless we lose to Hungerford then he has to go.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

I give up. Thanks Osborne/Owers. My beloved club which I have followed through thick and thin for over 50 years has now sunk to an all=time low. I just know in my heart of hearts that the final nails are well and truly just waiting for the hammer to give them one final tap before our once-proud club becomes banished to the history books.

A very sad day indeed.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

For the first twenty minutes we totally outplayed Chippenham with Regis bossing the game from the centre of the pitch.

Chippenham scored from non existant marking from a corner and you could always smell the confidence evaporating from us. After that it was just dire as we resorted to hoofball and basically didn't create anything.

Brett Williams came on and looked like he had never kicked a football in his life before. Chippenham deserved no points as well as they were truly atrocious. There is just no excuse for losing to a side as bad as they were.

As for their shameful exhibition of cheating, timewasting, feigning injury, initiating scuffles to slow the game down even more - well it certainly added to the spectacle that's for sure. I don't reckon the ball was actually in play for more than 20 minutes of each half and it was impossible for us to play with any tempo. When they scored it must have taken at least five minutes to restart the game.

All their players ran to the corner flag - stayed there for ages, eventually trotted along the touch line to their manager. Then eventually trotted towards the centre circle when three or four of their players turned and went back to the touchline and started drinking from water bottles.

A truly farcical display from a referee who appeared to be in a coma from the start and didn't issue one card for the disgraceful exhibition.

Player for player we were better than them but we just can't seem to create anything at all.

No lack of effort from the player and no signs for me that Owers has lost the dressing room but 12 points from 9 games given the standard of the opposition is abysmal in anyones book.

I was looking forward to the game but after three hours driving just the same feeling of depression. A truly dismal afternoon.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I don't think Keating will be buying Owers a pint tonight Brucie
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

Time wasting, feigning injury, breaking the flow of the game......unfortunately it's all become part of football at the lower levels. Largely every team does it and is considered part of professional game management. It goes unchecked by all referees. The only way to prevent it......ensure that the away team need to chase the game by leading the game and not gifting a goal from a corner. It would be good to have a few more ball boys as time was continually lost with goalkeepers having to get balls from the empty away end. More fans at the game getting angry about time wasting than poor marking from corners and the reasons why away teams are in a position to see out the game. I've seen a few comments that this is all part of a plan to drive TUFC into the ground. No need for that....just don't pay the next tax bill.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

If you don’t like what you are seeing, don’t turn up.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Shangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Dave Carson

Post by Shangull »

On the basis of "if you don't like what you are seeing don't turn up" there would be no one there. Are you liking what you see? Are you enjoying the atmosphere?