Anyone else missing Carayol yet?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Anyone else missing Carayol yet?

Post by yellow »

The lack of outlets is a concern at the moment. Seems to be a lot of hoof and hope and a general lack of confidence.

What a fickle game it is. From 998 and an impregnable defence to this (relegation form with 2 points from 15) in pretty short order.

I know Manager of the month is a curse, but this is ridiculous....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
furmax
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Aggy

Post by furmax »

Errmm? No?
A poster previously know as furzehamgull. @furmax
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hes not exactly pulling trees up at lincoln is he????
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be honest yellow,no.

Carayol is not the problem,4-5-1 at home is the problem,playing narrow is the problem,not playing our players to there strenght's is the problem.

Back to basics,back to doing what we were doing at the start of the season,4-4-2 using the width,back to winning games..please
Formerly known as forevertufc
YellowMurphy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by YellowMurphy »

yellow, were 6th, get over it.
BlueYellow
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by BlueYellow »

YellowMurphy wrote:yellow, were 6th, get over it.
Guess what James, I agree with you ;-) Yellow, we are 6th, I think that Carayol only started playing well for u from a contract or for a move elsewhere. He has gone to lincoln, and hasn't done much. I dont miss him
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

NO
nananana
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky Cave

Post by nananana »

A Lincoln supporting friend of mine says he's pretty dire, he's got his two year contract and isn't bothered.

Now what does that remind you of?
It's a sobering thought, but in a hundred years or less, every person that uses this site will be dead!
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Well I shall take that as a resounding no then.

In which case, I shall continue to miss him all on my own.

I guess I just don t like to see quality players slip through the net.

As wide outlets I m increasingly frustrated with the inability of Stevens to hold and use the ball and Carlisle does not appear to be properly fit yet.
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Chris Sutton has just resigned. He might be asking to come back before long.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by oliemarles »

He was a great player for us at the end of last season, but i do feel like he was playing for a transfer, a shop window if you were. I think the problem of our root one football is deeper than one player. Maybe the fact the team is nearly the same players as the Blue Square, and we have no real creative players? Nicky Wroe has been off form and Lee Mansell for me is great as a CDM but not as a creative player. Eunan can fill this role but i feel his strength lets him down but there is no doubt he is quality.
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Not really, no.
I'd much rather see a player with less talent do his best week in week out, who wants to be at the club, than a player like Muzzy who has the talent but just can't be a*sed until there's something in it for him. He didn't play the way he did the end of last season to save the club, he did it for himself and he'll do the same to Lincoln.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

yellow wrote:I guess I just don t like to see quality players slip through the net.
He didnt slip through the net. He was offered a significant increase in pay but chose to leave.
Im sure he finds the locals more impressed by him up in Lincoln ;-)

After all, some of them still stop and point when they see a car :lol:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I remain unconvinced that the playing for a move suggestion should be used as a stick to beat him with. If it was the case (and it appears it was) the insinuation is he just wasn t happy here – there s no shame in that.

He hardly figured for us, until just before he left. By that time, he d evidently grown disheartened at his lack of opportunity, so his performances were to affect a move. If he was happy and settled here, we d have seen that level of performance more regularly – and he might still be now.

He clearly has ability, so a contented Muzzy would be an asset at this level. I can t understand anyone arguing otherwise.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Here here - lets face it he is a better winger than O'Kane.Macklin and Stevens put together.