Last Night's Minute Silence

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Aaron94

Last Night's Minute Silence

Post by Aaron94 »

What was going on with that referee last night? Surely he knew there was going to be a minutes silence.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Aaron94 wrote:What was going on with that referee last night? Surely he knew there was going to be a minutes silence.
Presumably, nobody thought to tell him or the players. On the Pop Side, the tannoy is so poor that we couldn't hear what was being announced. I heard Russell Coughlin's name mentioned but not Brian Creber. I suspect this is something that a Chief Exec - e.g. Steve Breed - would have sorted out. But no Chief Exec to organise matters = confusion. There is so much that isn't right behind the scenes at the club.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Farce.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:Farce.
Agreed.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

tomogull wrote: Presumably, nobody thought to tell him or the players. On the Pop Side, the tannoy is so poor that we couldn't hear what was being announced. I heard Russell Coughlin's name mentioned but not Roy Creber. I suspect this is something that a Chief Exec - e.g. Steve Breed - would have sorted out. But no Chief Exec to organise matters = confusion. There is so much that isn't right behind the scenes at the club.
Aaron94

Post by Aaron94 »

tomogull wrote: Presumably, nobody thought to tell him or the players. On the Pop Side, the tannoy is so poor that we couldn't hear what was being announced. I heard Russell Coughlin's name mentioned but not Brian Creber. I suspect this is something that a Chief Exec - e.g. Steve Breed - would have sorted out. But no Chief Exec to organise matters = confusion. There is so much that isn't right behind the scenes at the club.
Definitely something not right. When the chairman is saying we could go bust one week and then saying we can get a new stadium the next, you just know we're run by planks.
Orange Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Orange Gull »

What an absolute shambles. Is there any way the minute silence can be rescheduled for Saturday?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Anyone phoned the club to ask?

this sort of post just attracts brucie to bash the club
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

The club doesn't need bashing. It does an excellent job itself. But there will always be nodding donkey arse lickers such as yourself who will defend the club come what may.
Cocking up a minutes silence is both shameful and disrespectful. We are run by tossers.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

brucie wrote:The club doesn't need bashing. It does an excellent job itself. But there will always be nodding donkey arse lickers such as yourself who will defend the club come what may.
Cocking up a minutes silence is both shameful and disrespectful. We are run by tossers.
in what way did i defend the club?

i merely asked if anyone had asked a simple question/being given a reason

but as usual you descend to insults and on a thread such as this is really quite sad.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

meanwhile on Facebook...Nicho said he would ask questions, he didn't know about it himself; & Bernie Phillips says it's all now sorted out & will happen properly on Saturday. Apparently, the ref forgot.....
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Yes, he's back!
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

To the dotted line, We're on our way
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

taxilady wrote: Apparently, the ref forgot.....
Sorry - I don't buy that. I'm sure ALL the officials would/should have been informed as well as both managers and the captains of both teams, if not all the players. This was a club cock up, nothing else. The poor ol' refs get blamed for everything !! Actually, I thought the ref had a very good game on Tuesday night. Even the loud mouth on the Pop Side who hates refs had very little to holler about ....... and when he did, he was wrong ! :whistle:
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I think we should all put this behind us I am confident that the club has sorted it out and we can move on.