Where is our home kit?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

Nope. Hate the collar and the (look of the) material... keep away from naked flames!
That's another season I won't be buying. Sorry.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

I quite like it but it would have been nicer with a darker blue.

(I do concede that not everything can be dark and miserable.)
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Love it.

And the badge.. Its the actual badge rather than the outline!
chestertorkyman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by chestertorkyman »

This is very good indeed. Would have liked a slightly darker blue, the colour of the seats in the stand behind the players, but the design is great and a collar looks better and makes it a more versatile top. Yep, it looks like a TUFC kit (unlike the Newcastle strip).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Pretty happy with it, more or less what I have always said we should have. Pinstripes are a bit OTT but I do like it. The blue is just right, the collar looks smart. A brighter yellow might have improved it but its probably the best home kit we have had since I started watching in 87. :clap: :-D

I dont know where the darker blue ever came in as I was always led to believe our colours were chosen to represent sun, sand and sea, so this blue is ideal.

Was it the competition winner or did that all go out of the window.

:scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

It looks much better here http://mobile.torquayunited.com/news/ar ... 42553.aspx

Actually it's really grown on me, and looks pretty good with the shorts and socks. I haven't bought a shirt in ages, might go for this one.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

There was a competition winner - someone in Brazil - makes me wonder if that is a little far-fetched, although his design did not especially resemble the finished product.

Reminds me a little of the kit from 2004 and I prefer the lighter blue than the navy that appeared when we wore kits in the 90s. It's a clean-looking kit.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

hector wrote:There was a competition winner - someone in Brazil - makes me wonder if that is a little far-fetched, although his design did not especially resemble the finished product.

Reminds me a little of the kit from 2004 and I prefer the lighter blue than the navy that appeared when we wore kits in the 90s. It's a clean-looking kit.
I'm pretty sure if they were going to make something up they would have said they lived in Torquay! As the OS says, the winnwer 'inspired' the finished design. Looks pretty good IMHO.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Like it, Buying it!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

At last a kit of Riviera style, sporting a distinct summery look, that shouts out, we are Torquay, we are the Yellow Army. Crisp yellow to represent the coastal sun beating down on the bay's sub-tropical plants and blue to match the Bay's sparkling waters and crystal clear sky. It may be a little bit too dazzling on Saturday for the smog filled Barrow fans from the industrial north, so they need to be warned to wear their Ray-Ban's.

COYY
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

trouble is, they need velcro stitched into it as it has a shiny teflon finish.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Wasn't sure about the kit from the photos. In real life, looked great. Best we've had for ages
TUST number 080
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Shame the numbers and the names peeled off as the match progressed. Gerring became ERRIN, and Chaney lost his name and number so had to change his shirt.
TUST member 200 ;-)
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Shame the numbers and the names peeled off as the match progressed. Gerring became ERRIN, and Chaney lost his name and number so had to change his shirt.
TUST member 200 ;-)
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Overall, I quite like the shirt - not that I have got it yet. The only thing I do not like is the way it has THE GULLS at the bottom on the back, in a rather feeble block letter font. Looks a bit naff but thankfully no unnecessary apostrophe this time.