Huth in two minds?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Jerry wrote: Why do you think you should decide who the manager signs?

I trust Nicho's judgment more than yours.

Let me remind people that this bloke has played well in 1 FRIENDLY. There is a reason he is being touted around National League clubs, possibly his reportedly awful disciplinary record. (34 yellows and 3 reds in 68 games apparently).

We only have a limited amount of money and Nicho has to be very careful how he spends it. New players have to fit into the dressing room, one bad apple could ruin our excellent team spirit.

Let's leave the football decisions up to the manager.

£1000 may not sound like a lot but how do you think the other players who have signed for probably low wages would feel if we suddenly splash out more than 2 weeks worth of their pay on a signing on fee after telling them we are skint?

Plus surely we all realize that players regularly tell supporters what they want to hear, whose to say there is any truth in his tweet? Or indeed that it hasn't simply been misinterpreted as his English isn't spot on.

:goodpost:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I agree with the contributor who argued for the signing of an experienced (30 year old?) centre half. Old hands (tomogull, stefano, gateman and the usual suspects) will remember how successful the signing of a similar player 52 years ago was : yes, I mean the great Reg Wyatt!
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36984696

BBC at it again, apperently our manager is called kevin anderson!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

HUTH HAS REJECTED NICO OFFER OF A CONTRACT!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

wivelgull wrote:I agree with the contributor who argued for the signing of an experienced (30 year old?) centre half. Old hands (tomogull, stefano, gateman and the usual suspects) will remember how successful the signing of a similar player 52 years ago was : yes, I mean the great Reg Wyatt!
.. not forgetting the great Darren Moore !!

And Huth is not the only fish in the sea..
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

So we missed out on Huth. Nicho will find someone else. Someone who he will know more about. Someone who is willing to buy in to Nicho's vision and accept the terms on offer. The end of the world this is not. We will continue moving forwards, moving upwards. IN NICHO WE TRUST.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I was at the game on monday and thought Gerring also played extremely well and Im not Gerring's biggest fan either. You have to trust KN.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

A shame but we can't afford to make a mistake with such a key position. McGinty and Gerring would have started tomorrow regardless and they can relieve the urgency to replace Angus.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Maybe it's for the best. I have to say, as much as I was wowed on Monday , Huth's fitness record worried me a tad. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up and how many games he plays over the season.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I don't think that there is any reason to have to rely on Nico's judgement here. He saw the same as most of you did on Monday and offered Huth a deal - and an attractive one at that. The player turned it down. You assume that Nico went as high as he could go - or at least as high as he thought Huth warranted - and it wasn't enough. As has been said previously, you wouldn't want to risk upsetting the applecart by breaking the bank for a player who has crept up on the radar and there is no real evidence of him being able to hack the full season at this level.

I am a little worried about the threadbare nature of our squad though, and I hope that Nico has a couple of people in mind for the next week or so. Just look at the amount of business the likes of Braintree, Dover and Guiseley have done over the last couple of days. Perhaps with the season starting, any player who hasn't fixed himself up yet might get into a bit of panic and accept a cheaper deal than he might have done a month or so ago. Although we have a decent first team, we have minimal cover beyond that. Imagine if Gerring or McGinty get injured tomorrow - then what would be do?!
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

Verma - The fit one - LRT - Nicholson!

Verma is the most important player right now as god knows who the 2nd choice right back is.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Club just tweetedTransfer news on the way.... #tufc #breaking news

Someone else?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer