Nicholson NOT Out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Nicholson NOT Out

Post by Clive Bissel »

Time now to stand down or be relieved of his duties . He needs to go immediately he and the whole team are now officially the worst in the clubs history .

Total set of gutless wasters.

In the real business world this would not be accepted but this is the comedy show of Torquay United so no doubt sweet nothing will be done .
ChineseGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by ChineseGull »

sure, that'll turn things around.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

The truth is Nicholson should never have been 'in'. There's no chance of him walking, instead he will talk up the 'positives' of the result. I haven't been for a while now as it had started to feel like I was literally throwing money down a drain.

I've been encouraged to hear there might be changes ahead, however Nicholson has to be replaced completely rather than assisted before I will return.
The original taunton_gull!!!
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

everything needs to change, the manager, the board and the team.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Even if we did get rid I feel pretty sure he'd find a way to break in and make sure his name was first on the team sheet.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Nicholson is not to blame, it's not his fault he was chosen as the manager. He is passionate for the club. The problems with this club began when ling fell ill and the multiple bad decision's after that.
Lucy
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

no, sadly it stems from a long way back, but he shouldnt have been appointed. the whole club is in freefall
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

I'm sorry Lucy but that's just rubbish. Whilst decisions taken previously have contributed to the position the club finds itself now, to absolve the current board and Nicholson from blame is ludicrous. He's not passionate - he's arrogant. Continuing to pick himself rather than managing the team should tell you that. This isn't someone who is putting the club first. He has to go, now.
Guildford Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by Guildford Gull »

Nicholson is so far out of his depth even the combined efforts of the Royal Navy, Coastguard and RNLI couldn't save him.

Its time for Phillips and Breed to admit they made a mistake and make a change. I appreciate the club is in dire financial straits but the cost of getting rid of Nicholson can't be as high as the potential cost of relegation to Conference South.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

taunton_gull wrote:I'm sorry Lucy but that's just rubbish. Whilst decisions taken previously have contributed to the position the club finds itself now, to absolve the current board and Nicholson from blame is ludicrous. He's not passionate - he's arrogant. Continuing to pick himself rather than managing the team should tell you that. This isn't someone who is putting the club first. He has to go, now.
But who are you picking instead? I keep hearing that he should drop himself but he has been far from our worst player this season and no-one has suggested who on the fringes deserves a start ahead of him.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Well put Guildford. I get the fact that the Board would give Nicholson longer than deserved but they must surely act now.
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

PhilGull wrote: But who are you picking instead? I keep hearing that he should drop himself but he has been far from our worst player this season and no-one has suggested who on the fringes deserves a start ahead of him.

Err - play Butler there? The fact that he hasn't been our worst player shows just how bad we have been. It's besides the point anyway, the bloke seems desperate to keep his dying playing career going ahead of managing which is what he was brought in to do.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

taunton_gull wrote:I'm sorry Lucy but that's just rubbish. Whilst decisions taken previously have contributed to the position the club finds itself now, to absolve the current board and Nicholson from blame is ludicrous. He's not passionate - he's arrogant. Continuing to pick himself rather than managing the team should tell you that. This isn't someone who is putting the club first. He has to go, now.
So you are saying it's rubbish that the club has gone down free fall since ling went? If you are, I suggest you look at the current league we are in and the position as well, and then look back at the number of managers we have sacked and if that doesn't convince you look what mess the the current board find themselves in from the previous regime. Sorry but your wrong to say I'm talking rubbish.
Lucy
taunton_gull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by taunton_gull »

You need to have another read Lucy. What I thought was rubbish was the fact that you seem to think the current board and management bear absolutely no responsibility for our current position.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I am sure Nicholson is doing his best but I think we have reached a point that we all have to accept that if he stays in post it is very very unlikely that the pattern of results is going to change. What can be done with the frugal offering we can afford I don't know but it seems to me that to have any real chance of things changing during the remainder of the season ( let alone whether that is sufficient to avoid the drop ) we ourselves have to make changes. If we examine the individual players they have collectively enough of a track record in football to indicate that we really should be producing more than we currently are.