Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'll make a prediction. It will turn out that you come from Nottinghamshire and have a beef with the current administration..........

And you definitely aren't The Sweeney ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well said dave
Georg

Post by Georg »

Give it a few months and more investment than what is there now will be needed just to keep the club ticking over until the end of season. Has Nicholson signed a contract or is he just staying in someones penthouse flat as part of his deal. The approach to Hargreaves and that situation has been naive at best .
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

George wrote:Give it a few months and more investment than what is there now will be needed just to keep the club ticking over until the end of season. Has Nicholson signed a contract or is he just staying in someones penthouse flat as part of his deal. The approach to Hargreaves and that situation has been naive at best .

Would be really weird if Nicho had moved out of his house in Torquay, with his wife and kids, into someone's penthouse....

Just goes to show that you talk absolutely f u king bollocks all the time. Not sure why you feel the need to spout such shite all the time. Probably playing the big man to make up for your incredibly small penis.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

2nd that. He is like fat kid in the playground
Georg

Post by Georg »

Okay wait and see. It looks like the board are doing a fantastic job with the teams league position at the minute. Said before that the club should have gone part time at the start of the season with the financial situation and took things from there.
sevilla66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by sevilla66 »

I agree totally with Plainmoor Bob and Jerry- Martin Ling was treated in an absolutely disgraceful fashion- I have absolutely no idea which of the Directors was responsible for agitating for Martin's dismissal and then prevailing over the others but that decision must go down as one of the most shameful in the history of the club. Martin's two successors were, by all accounts, given ludicrously generous contracts and then proved to be totally inept at managing the team and recruiting new players.

Who on earth in their right mind would give an out of work manager like Knill who had failed at his two previous clubs, such a generous contract after a pretty ordinary record as the acting manager ? As for Hargreaves, apart from being an average player with the club, what managerial qualities did he have to entice the Board to appoint him, again on what appears to have been a similarly attractive contract, if Dean Edwards' comments about the potential financial liabilities are to be believed ?

Kevin Nicholson certainly talks a good book but only time will tell whether his words can be matched by results on the field. Howrever, like his two predecessors his experience of football management is virtually non existent. I hope he succeeds but I have grave doubts as to whether this will be the case. Certainly his alleged behaviour, tantamount to throwing his toys out of the pram, when told to play for the reserves, hardly inspires confidence. As for Nicho;son being described as a club legend well ................... !!!!!
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

That is one of the best, most honest and on the money posts I have read in ages.

I remember watching the fans forum video from a few months back and somebody jumping on the obvious bandwagon after reading the Herald I expect and asked about a chance of Nicholson coming back as player coach under Cox. Dean Edwards shot this down in flames stating about the inexperience etc and Nicholson basically needing to start somewhere else. What has changed and who pushed through this ludicrous appointment, again its a fan thinking appointment just like Hargreaves when it seemed like somebody got a little bit starstruck and had a fanboy moment. Part of the reason we are in this mess is because of the last two managerial appointments being so poor and rushed into and its cost us dear.

Dont know why so many keep calling average players who were only doing there jobs as they should be "legends". Many from that last non league side that got us back in the league are held in affection understandably but people keep getting too carried away and those hallowed few are getting far too over-rated.

Not too sure about the Ling thing and what actually went down and who did what, yes the circumstances of his sacking was disgraceful, but who knows how long he would have continued anyway. We were already on a slide with results, unrest was starting and many were moaning about the boring, negative football. Who knows how much impact his illness was having on his job, but nobody knows if he would have stayed much longer anyway so why do many keep harping on about how things would have been different or bringing him back, short memories?
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The frustrating for me is, I keep hearing the board and Martin Ling this, the board and Alan Knill that, the board and Chris Hargreaves something else. When is there going to be some 'clear' separation between the old outgoing board, and the new board who are trying desperately to sort out the mess left behind and getting no backing from some of the clubs own support.
Formerly known as forevertufc
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I guess the two boards get blurred when the current one repeats the mistakes of the previous one when appointing their new manager.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

hector wrote:I guess the two boards get blurred when the current one is forced to appoint the current manager because they couldn't afford anyone else, thanks to the mistakes and poor management of the club, by the previous one.
Corrected for accuracy and honesty ;-)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Georg

Post by Georg »

The current board have made a trail of mistakes since they took over. In fighting to leading to five of them resigning being the most obvious one.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Supporting TUFC is just too depressing at the moment. I'll be there on Tuesday night but it's not an enjoyable experience.
RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: the 12th man

Post by RichyMills »

forevertufc wrote:The frustrating for me is, I keep hearing the board and Martin Ling this, the board and Alan Knill that, the board and Chris Hargreaves something else. When is there going to be some 'clear' separation between the old outgoing board, and the new board who are trying desperately to sort out the mess left behind and getting no backing from some of the clubs own support.

I'm sure they'd love to but a lot of the problems are so intertwined with the previous board/s that there's bound to be hangovers. The only way for a clean break and a fresh start for any club would probably be administration and nobody would want that for any club. Look at Rangers or Portsmouth, sometimes even that doesn't sort everything out
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

Ling was shit! sadly the budgets/fanbases of the other non-league clubs have dwarfed that of ours for several years now (ie. Crawley etc etc etc all now filling OUR football league spots) and there are more and more each year geting exciting new funding and innovotive ways to grow their clubs wealth. No disrespect to any of the previous board but I didnt see any inovation at all! (None! for well over 10 years)! All I saw was 'cost-cutting' exercised and fake PR bullshgit and excuses!

What we need is a miracle! some kind of multyi-millionnaire come along and make us able to compete again. No chance. Anyway even if it did happen.... its made football SHITE, ruined!!!!

Used to love going TUFC and watching a real mans game of football. WAy better than Premier League foreign pussys. But now its just watered down version of that attitude and the kids today (ie. young fans AND PLAYERS alike), are fickle and not loyal and many times are selfish. Basically there's no love for the badge anymore and no-one is prepared to take repsonsibility as a player for the losses its all too focused on manager failings