Ideas from supporters To Help Torquay United.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

I would go if the gates was £10 or under . But cannot afford any more (not to mention having to not work to go see the match) when I used to get in free I went every match but havent paid more than £10 many times. Not like we going to see PRemier League quality etc and not even any fight/will to win/team spirit it seems now too.

And, Maybe Swansea can loan us a keeper; centre back, full back, decent passer and strong midfielder and a decent winger and we might stand a chance
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Stop moaning turn up, pay your money, support the team and back the Board - RESULT
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by moneylife »

low gate admission fee is the answer. Higher priced programms and hotdogs etc for the fans with extra money to pay helping the board out and still then getting larger fan base inside the stadium cheering the team on. Most of us under 30 cannot afford a packet of crisps let alone £20 to watch TUFC get hammered again
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

moneylife wrote:low gate admission fee is the answer. Higher priced programms and hotdogs etc for the fans with extra money to pay helping the board out and still then getting larger fan base inside the stadium cheering the team on. Most of us under 30 cannot afford a packet of crisps let alone £20 to watch TUFC get hammered again

I'm under 30, not on a great wage, struggle to pay bills etc etc. still scrape up the cash to watch united, have a beer or two and donate money every month.

If you love your club, nothing gets in the way and thats that!
To the dotted line, We're on our way
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I don't know if our pensioners already do it but when Bristol City went through hard times local pensioners had a kind of club where they met after every match clearing the stands and doing odd jobs around the ground with the skill they had between them. Just a thought. They could be given a half price ticket for the work they do.
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

Club needs to take back boots and laces run it there self and make some real money on there doorstep , green taverners can do it at argyle and bail there club out and help them pay wages when club was in the shit ( just a thought )
:scarf: :whistle:
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

This is more like it guys, throw some thoughts and ideas out there and we might just find something that sticks.

Arcadia, thats the spirit, along the lines of something I was thinking. To help save the club money there surely must be plenty of things some supporters with a bit of spare time and care can do on a voluntary basis.

It could be anything from helping clean the ground or assisting with vital maintenance, there must be quite a few with useful trades or skills they could bring to the table to help either at a discount or even donating their services free because they love the club so much, call it an equivalent to making a donation.

IT, the website in general and marketing seem to be areas where we struggling, any of you kind fellas with these skills reckon you might be able to help? I have heard and read various stories about the previous jokers running the show being offered help in these departments by supporters with the relevant qualifications and skill sets and they either turned it down, scoffed or just plain old ignored people. One story springs to mind, dont know all the details but I heard about a young lad wishing to gain experience offered to do web marketing for us or something similar for a free trial period and didnt even get a reply, Exeter snapped him up, he did very well, now he works at a premier league club. Typical if true. :|

Get your thinking caps on everybody, whe're going on a bumpy ride, all hands to the pump and all that. Your club needs you! :scarf:
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

I would suggest giving 500/600 free tickets to all the junior schools in the bay

a) ground is empty most of the games so would improve the noise (even if it is kids)
b) parents would pay to come in
c) pasties/programme sales etc
d) a small percentage may come back.

Nothing to lose ????
kerswellgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Howe

Post by kerswellgull »

Isn't there a risk of being accused of encouraging child cruelty
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Anything but just standing still doing nothing !!
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

I have suggested to the club a few times that maybe have a raffle, at maybe £10 a ticket with prizes being:

Free tickets to next few home games or a team shirt. Cost, 2 tickets or a top.
Chance to train with team on a date agreeable to both parties. Cost, a training top.
Top prize of warming up with team on a match day, name in programme on team list, get to sit on bench during game. Cost, a training top.

if this was advertised at the club and in programme over a few games prior to tickets going on sale, I would pay £10 for the chance to win one of those. How many others would.
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by moneylife »

DJ Gull wrote:
I'm under 30, not on a great wage, struggle to pay bills etc etc. still scrape up the cash to watch united, have a beer or two and donate money every month.

If you love your club, nothing gets in the way and thats that!

well good for you. I support the club since 1989 when I moved here aged 7. Ive worked 40-60 hour weeks every week since I was 18 and when they put prices over £15 the first time we went down I was only able to allow a few matches a year. They were all major disappointments and no passion or drive from the club. Every signing is a complete nobody. I remember back when we made signings like Neville Southall now what we got??

and I feel for Thea putting all that money into TUFC but it was chucking money away because there wasnt the right focus or knowledge or connections like you need to make any business operate successfully

and lastly I do love the club. But I aint paying £20 to watch garbage

TUFC til the day that I die MoFo !!!!!
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

moneylife wrote:

well good for you. I support the club since 1989 when I moved here aged 7. Ive worked 40-60 hour weeks every week since I was 18 and when they put prices over £15 the first time we went down I was only able to allow a few matches a year. They were all major disappointments and no passion or drive from the club. Every signing is a complete nobody. I remember back when we made signings like Neville Southall now what we got??

and I feel for Thea putting all that money into TUFC but it was chucking money away because there wasnt the right focus or knowledge or connections like you need to make any business operate successfully

and lastly I do love the club. But I aint paying £20 to watch garbage

TUFC til the day that I die MoFo !!!!!

aged 7 in 1989, but your under 30 now? Money life, are you a time traveller? Mofo :rofl:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

:goodpost:
MF68 wrote:I would suggest giving 500/600 free tickets to all the junior schools in the bay

a) ground is empty most of the games so would improve the noise (even if it is kids)
b) parents would pay to come in
c) pasties/programme sales etc
d) a small percentage may come back.

Nothing to lose ????
al roxzar
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: danny stevens

Post by al roxzar »

After working as a steward off and on for 14 years I have seen a lot of what goes on . Before I moved to the bay years ago while on holiday there used to be Lottery sellers in booths selling tickets 7 days a week for the club, why not bring it back,just doing 50/50 on match days is not enough. Reduce the entry price to £12/14 and the extra people would buy programmes/food/drink and bring in much needed revenue, also bring Boots and laces back under club ownership, none of this will happen so the club will stumble on to obscurity, ps is there another pop concert next year?