Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

moneylife wrote:Why is Chris Hargreaves getting paid still and we wasnt paying Paul Cox anything but expenses?
Hargreaves was getting paid still because he rejected a pay cut but wouldn't resign for the good of the club. So we stuck him out on gardening leave for a couple months although it appears as though we're nearly about to settle his contract with him.

Because we were still paying Hargreaves and by all accounts we were paying him a ridiculous wage for this legaue (£1.5-2k p/w has been rumoured) we had no money to pay Cox a proper wage as our small budget had to be justifiably focused on the playing side.

Now we've settled with Hargreaves and Edward's wage isn't on the books, we might just have enough to pay a very low wage to a half way decent manager...or we probably don't.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

moneylife wrote:Why is Chris Hargreaves getting paid still and we wasnt paying Paul Cox anything but expenses?
Because Chris Hargreaves has a contract which entitles him to still being paid for 12 months after he was sacked and Paul Cox didn't - have a contract that is. Cox was prepared to do the job on expenses only for a few months whilst the club sorted itself out - in the end though he decided, earlier than planned, that he was no longer prepared to continue such an arrangement and so he upped and left.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Again.. Im not interested in the ground at all. There is too much scare mongering going on for any possible investor to be given a fair chance.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

George wrote:Again.. Im not interested in the ground at all. There is too much scare mongering going on for any possible investor to be given a fair chance.

I don't think anybody has directly accused you of being interested in the ground George.

If potential investors are seriously put off by a few messages on an unofficial fans forum, then I question whether they have the staying power needed to run a football club anyway. When you own a football club you are, at some point, going to get stick from the fans - no matter how successful you are. Look at the Glazers at Man U for example.
I'm not saying it's right, but fnas will grumble if things appear to be going wrong. It's just a fact of life, and comes with the running of a football club I'm afraid.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by moneylife »

If Hargreaves didnt agree a pay cut (which to be fair why should he) then I think we should have stuck with him giving him time to finish what he started. On condition that contract expires end of season (assuming he never had some ludacrously long contract signed up)

And I reckon Cox had agreed expenses only with some secret 'bonuses' for good performance (ie. playoffs). When reality set in, he realised it wasnt obtainable and cut his loses
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

SenorDingDong
Hargreaves was getting paid still because he rejected a pay cut but wouldn't resign for the good of the club
I think it's stretching things a bit to say that Hargreaves rejected a pay cut. If we remember how Dave Thomas described the situation (18th June):

'They were asked to take significant pay cuts, even United admit that. Chris Hargreaves was prepared to consider a pay cut. He's done it before a couple of times to my certain knowledge. Before the discussions could get much further it quickly became apparent the new consortium were probably thinking of going in a new direction anyway, and all three of them have now been placed on gardening leave, which in United's perilous financial situation that is quite a significant move in itself, because you've now got three men who will have to be paid'
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

moneylife wrote:If Hargreaves didnt agree a pay cut (which to be fair why should he) then I think we should have stuck with him giving him time to finish what he started. On condition that contract expires end of season (assuming he never had some ludacrously long contract signed up)

And I reckon Cox had agreed expenses only with some secret 'bonuses' for good performance (ie. playoffs). When reality set in, he realised it wasnt obtainable and cut his loses
Really? What he started was seeing the club relegated from the football league and then hurtling down the table at an alarming rate due to losing a lot of games and points to most of the teams who finshed in the bottom half. He also spent most of his time moaning about how his budget was not enough even though it was still one of the best in the league last year. Given that that has now been slashed again, I really don't see how anyone could think that he was the right man for the job in hand.
Georg

Post by Georg »

Some folk on here are too happy living in their own agenda. The truth will out eventually
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

George wrote:Some folk on here are too happy living in their own agenda. The truth will out eventually

As already pointed out to you. This is an independent Torquay untied fans forum, it's full of passionate, genuine, and currently very concerned Torquay fans.

Do you not see how gord darn irritating it has been this last week, to have Mushroom and other anonymous posters coming on here, one after the other telling us, I'm with one interested group or another, and guess what we know TUFC fans, your new board are running out of money, and your in the shit, well tell us something we don't know.

You say "The truth will out eventually" if you've got something to say, then don't pussy foot around say it.

If your with some group interested in the club then tell us, tell who you are, and what your intentions are, you might have better time on here.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Any potential investor / buyer in their right mind would not come on a fans forum and start fishing around. It's unprofessional in the extreme and simply wouldn't happen. Yes, it's TUFC and ANYTHING can happen as far as this club is concerned. Elvis I've discovered is one of the applicants for the vacant managers job but seriously you lot out there in forum land. Do to them what you do me and ignore. None of them are genuine. If by some miracle they are and they get what they wish for then you are actually screwed anyway. It will work itself out in the end and meanwhile just keep on doing whatever you can to help because it's out of your hands and the thing my counsellor advised me about excessive worry and anxiety was don't worry about something you can nothing about. You might not be in a position to anything immediately but in the future who knows. For now though you are in the hands of Breedy and co and I know Breedy is a die hard Torquay fan and I can see mistakes being made out of inexperience at the new position they find themselves in but mistakes certainly won't be made due to them being self serving and the 'I don't give a shit - something will turn up and get us out of the shit' attitude like the last lot. (Thea excluded obviously).
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Crikey Andy! The King :bow: and TUFC together, now you're talking. :-D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

To be frank the Board is out of their depth but it the best we have so we have to back them, nudging them occasionally in right direction but back them by turning up win or lose but turn up!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Freehold this, freehold that, there's a covenant on the ground (the open recreational space) end of f*ckin' story.

They said that about Abbey Green, then stuck a giant condom on it attached to a 200ft chain.

What do you do with scum who think they can do as they want?

Like the shit on the sole of my foot, I tread it into the ground good and proper.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

George wrote:Some folk on here are too happy living in their own agenda. The truth will out eventually
Stop posting in riddles. As Forever posted, tell us in simple one and two syllable words what the truth is as you understand it. Someone posted (I don't think it was you) that the club would hit the buffers in October. Is that what you think will happen and if so, why? Stop messing around and tell us what you know, or think you know, so we can weigh that up against what the chairman and chief executive have said in the media - i.e. the finances are in order and we are not heading for administration.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Blimey all these different new posters, all coming up with little snippets of info or cryptic clues, all "in the know", all got an unusual opinion, most with poor grammer. What to make of it all? It was giving me a headache at first but now its all getting a bit interesting and its been quite entertaining, the forums havent been this abuzz for ages, oh the drama of it all!

I hope wbw hasnt left, I was just starting to enjoy his stuff, he did make a few good points even though it is things we dont like to hear. I dont think there is a lot in it what some are posting or what the regulars are suspicious of, there is probably a bit of a wind up here also, after the last couple of weeks we are all a bit battle weary and possibly a bit touchy about all matters TUFC. Mushroom's gone a bit quiet as well, come on guys what have you got next for us. :~D
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).