Levi Ives?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

ferrarilover wrote:I'm not necessarily saying he was worth a ton of money, but we've managed to get nothing, absolutely literally nothing for him.

We could have had him killed, removed his organs and sold them on Lithuanian eBay for £500,so to get nothing really is genuinely impressive.

Matt.
Nah mate.. I would have undersold him. lol Now got two kidneys. only need one,, any bidders.. right leg left.. only one. sold to highest bidder.. spare arm.. secondhand who will bid me. :lol: :lol:

I suspect there was a down payment.. cant imagine anyone being let go like that with the new regime. unless they are infected with the Torbay virus.. we won nothing therefore we are worth nothing..
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Bristol City announce today Levi Ives their reserve left back and Bristol Rovers offer Billy Bodin 3 month contract after impressing in preseason.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

arcadia wrote:Bristol City announce today Levi Ives their reserve left back and Bristol Rovers offer Billy Bodin 3 month contract after impressing in preseason.
Nice one Ives, only for the money we can get. Bodin 3 month contract? Not a fantastic deal for him.
Lucy
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

lucy6lucy wrote: Nice one Ives, only for the money we can get. Bodin 3 month contract? Not a fantastic deal for him.
It's good when you've got nothing!
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Somebody mentioned I'd be worried because Bristol City signed Ives. Not at all worried as he was your weakest link when we played you last season but maybe he just had a bad game against us. More worried when City can pay 2.5m for French striker. But in all honesty City are so many light years ahead of us now it isn't worth worrying about. Many years when I have been watching Rovers City have been above us but always felt if we played them we could beat them and we did on many occasions.The last few years that has gone and I just would not want to play them now!!! As regards Bodin i havent seen him play so cannot comment.
Good luck this season. I have a feeling you are going to have a good season with a very good Manager.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Levi has joined Bristol City's under-21 squad, he has not joined as their reserve fullback.

That is quite a big difference, I do not think you will see him feature in the first team for quite some time, if ever.

The good thing for Levi is that he is very much the same "natural" style as Bristol City's current fullbacks, but this is a club who have just spent over £2m on a virtually unheard of French forward and I would be surprised if Steve Cotterill has ever seen Levi play
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

On Beyond the Penn Inn Roundabout forum, & on Bristol City chat forum, there are postings that Levi has left City to return home. If true, we won't get any appearance money in the future ! :'(
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

If true, what a waste of a talent. Raw, obviously, but we could have continued to develop him instead of him losing out completely, and us too!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

This was mentioned the other day, I thought maybe it was for international duty.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Maybe he was not up to it? Was never convinced about his abilities.

Appreciate he was, and still is, young, but I always felt he had an opinion of his abilities that outstripped his delivery
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Maybe going back home and finding a club to get regular first team football would be the best for him. Try and emulate O'Kane's career path.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Arcadia certainly knows his stuff, he said Ives was destined to play in the Premiership......................................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Doesn't surprise me, never saw the hype that surrounded him. The fact that Bristol City gave him a chance in their development squad is utterly meaningless, clubs across the top 2 divisions fill up their development squads every season, in the hope they get 1-2 players out of it, most fall by the wayside.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

Didn't he land on the wrong side of the law recently?