Potential Signings

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Jamie Richards looks to play tonight. Looks tall and strong.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Defende ... story.html
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

RussianGull wrote:Jamie Richards looks to play tonight. Looks tall and strong.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Defende ... story.html
A player who pretty much ticks all the boxes we could hope for. Local, young, some conference experience. Hopefully he'll turn out OK and we can sign him up. A Hurst - Richards - McDonald - Butler back 4 would probably be a little better than I'd actually hoped for.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Wouldn't mind Richards signing, but I would still hold out hope for a more experienced CB to play with the other three who are all quite young.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Kit_robin wrote:Wouldn't mind Richards signing, but I would still hold out hope for a more experienced CB to play with the other three who are all quite young.

Indeed someone like a Guy Branston, oh how we could do with him now.
Chris B
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Chris B »

With Exodus Geohagen apparently starting the friendly tonight, it would seem Cox sees the need for an experienced head at the back.

As for Geohagen himself, he ticks a lot of the requisite boxes for a TUFC trialist: great name (anyone else remember Justice under Leroy?!), declining career and spoof factor with his massive throw ins. Presence, experience and physical presence aside, I'm doubtful he has the quality to help us. Hard to see him as an upgrade on Downes.
gullsdiv2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Louis Briscoe

Post by gullsdiv2 »

I wonder if we've spoke to Kieffer Moore at all, big tall centre forward who started at Dorchester and then was signed by Yeovil, scored a couple goals in the championship and league one and also had a run of games playing centre back last season. Been released by sturrock, Paignton born and bred and I doubt he commands a massive wage so may be worth looking at?
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

Little write up on each of the trialists on the Western Morning site...

http://www.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Tor ... story.html
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

That's an interesting article about some of our triallists. Given those on the list it seems as if our targets are young players released from league clubs who have some experience at this level - I am guessing these fit into our price range!

Interesting that the article notes that for some this is a last chance of a professional career - hopefully Paul Cox can use this as a selling point of the club to released youngsters. Still playing pro football at an established club with lots of league experience, opportunity to play well and earn a move (see Toby Ajala - who was not catching the eye before he joined us).

My only concern is experience. I am happy to have a young squad, I think there is potentially a bit more hunger in young players still looking to forge a career (although not if you look at Courtney Cameron last year), plus it fits into our wage structure. However I think we need a bit of experience in the squad. Geohaghon would be an interesting signing. Some pedigree at this level, known to PC, has a promotion out of the league, but fallen down the league ladder. Would add experience, but given his fall some doubts over ability these days.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Geohaghon seems to have bounced up and down a bit, looks like hes been seen as good in the Conference, got a move up and then dropped down again. I'd be happy with a player like him in the team.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Paul Cox obviously knows Exodus Geohaghon but his recent playing record doesn't exactly inspire confidence. During the past two seasons, he has played for Worcester, Braintree (3 matches), Solihull, Nuneaton (relegated), Whitehawk and Stoubridge. Some have pointed out that he played in Mansfield's promotion side. Yes, he did - but only in 17 games. So it suggests he looks a better player than he really is ! But in Paul cox we trust ........
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

tomogull wrote:Paul Cox obviously knows Exodus Geohaghon but his recent playing record doesn't exactly inspire confidence. During the past two seasons, he has played for Worcester, Braintree (3 matches), Solihull, Nuneaton (relegated), Whitehawk and Stoubridge. Some have pointed out that he played in Mansfield's promotion side. Yes, he did - but only in 17 games. So it suggests he looks a better player than he really is ! But in Paul cox we trust ........
Well seems he's been offered a deal.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

RussianGull wrote:http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html

Levi to a league 1 club too.
From http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33461441
But Cox says he does not expect out-of-contract teenager Levi Ives to stay at Plainmoor for the forthcoming season.
Ives, 17. who came up through the club's youth ranks, would command a fee from any club hoping to sign him.
"Speaking to his representatives, as the club has for a number of days now, they see his future away from Torquay which is fine," Cox added.
"Everyone wants to do things at the highest level, we respect that, andwe'll make sure that if that happens we'll be compensated accordingly."
You do get the feeling that there will be no more **** around when it comes to compensation for our players now, and that we will no longer be pushovers.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

"Exodus Geohaghon" is the best damn name for a footballer I've ever heard.

If we don't chant the Bob Marley song I'll be sorely disappointed.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.