Three Central Midfielders?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Pea wrote: This is the trouble with basing wide ranging and long term opinions on one game. If you'd have seen us against Exeter, you'd have a totally different view.
That is why I didn't post my view after the Weymouth game. But it sounds as though we gave a similar performance on Saturday, so felt the time was right to voice concerns.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

So, one game and some second hand opinions, not really a stronger case, if I'm honest.

Give it 10 games against a variety of opponents and then we can draw some meaningful conclusions. We might have just lost 3-1 away (and missed a pen) against a side that gets 120 points this season and breaks all sorts of records. We might look back on that game and think we did really well, given that everyone else lost 6-0. If we go to town on Welling and beat them 4-0 with exactly the same side as played at Gateshead, then what, suddenly we'll have the best midfield in the division? No, of course not. Let's give the team a fair crack of the whip before we start chopping and changing things around and/or writing off a whole squad as "not very good".
Pea.