TUFC Ladies Thread

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

one of the players (TUFC Ladies) in Gulls' Nest after the game was saying that they have several new players, & they need to do speed work & some gelling; much like the men's team really ! Exeter Ladies were runners-up in the Premier last season, so quite formidable opponents for our ladies; they have a very good player in Sanchez..very fast. Glad that Danny was counting..I lost track of the Exeter goals ! Just a shout out for Ferrari-Lino... ;-) ;-)
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Yeah, lost to a decent Exeter side featuring some really good players. The score was irrelevant really, given the nature of the match. In truth, we weren't really far behind City for the time that we had our Championship winning XI on the pitch. The score only got silly (they got 4 goals in about 10 minutes towards the end) once we had a team full of strangers out there.

Always difficult to make conclusions at this stage, but it certainly looks as though we're starting from a much higher plane than we did last season. I haven't a clue about names, but a couple of our new players look genuinely exciting.

It was indeed Crookie with a Crookie-esque goal. Square ball from the right found her 20 yards from goal and with a red wall to beat. No problem for Weeze as she sidestepped neatly around the first defender and launched an unstoppable shot into the top corner. Comfortably the goal of the match.

Looking forward to the new season now.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Wait, a team playing in yellow lost 7-1? The ladies team is just like watching Brazil!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The Ladies were in a 15 goal thriller of a Pre-Season friendly!

A mini write up here; http://www.torquayfans.com/2014/ladies- ... -friendly/
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
njgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by njgull »

Now THAT I wouldn't mind seeing highlights of. Might want to tighten up that back line though...
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Moderator deleted comment. This may have been a joke, but tweets go automatically onto the twitter account and some people may be offended by the comment and give the forum a bad name. We are a family and friendly forum and lets keep it that way.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

:rofl: :rofl: bless you Brucie dear;there's a pretty little dinosaur diddums!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by taxilady on 10 Aug 2014, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Dale Tonge

Post by Pea »

Devastated to have missed this. Absolutely gutted.
Pea.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Pea wrote:Devastated to have missed this. Absolutely gutted.
The game? Or Brucie's comment? :-/
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Bloody hell, I live in Keynsham, a 10 minute walk from the ground, but had no idea this was going on!
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Pea »

Gullscorer wrote: The game? Or Brucie's comment? :-/
Both. What has the sexy beast been saying now?
Pea.
Pea
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Pea »

Kernowgull wrote:Bloody hell, I live in Keynsham, a 10 minute walk from the ground, but had no idea this was going on!
Twas only a PSF. Check out the thread, very kindly posted by Danny, listing the fixtures. If you're in the Bay next Sunday, the ladies are at home to Yeovil Town LFC. Bovey Tracey FC, 1400 ko. I'll probably be there.
Pea.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Pea wrote: Twas only a PSF. Check out the thread, very kindly posted by Danny, listing the fixtures. If you're in the Bay next Sunday, the ladies are at home to Yeovil Town LFC. Bovey Tracey FC, 1400 ko. I'll probably be there.

The Pre-Season friendlies for the Ladies was posted on the main site. As 'Pea' correctly states, the next game for the Ladies is on Sunday.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Didn't even cross my mind that they might be playing in this neck of the woods, so I didn't check. As much as I would like to watch the women play, the only time I'm ever in the bay is if I travel to watch the Gulls, and I cant see me travelling down on a Sunday to watch the ladies play a friendly.