Crawley poor against better teams

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Crawley poor against better teams

Post by MidDevon »

Many of you know I am a keen football punter

I look daily at football365.com

Take a look at http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/te ... yTown.html
scroll down until you come to record v top half and bottom half

This shows clearly that whilst Crawley have few problems against the bottom half of the Conference, winning virtually all games, they are poor against the top half. In fact 6 teams in the Conference have better records against the better teams in the section.

I know that stats prove everything, but it does show that if we play like we normally do, it should be OK on the day
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

but the cup is the cup, anything can happen .. they have already beaten derby and swindon, both good teams. we will have to be at our best to beat them, and i will be dissapointed if we lost because we know we are a good side that is capable of winning this tie.
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

We have to be careful we don't pay them too much respect mind you. As you say we can and should win this tie. Their record against better conference teams is not brillliant at all. In fact they have a very tough second part of the season, and the championship spot is by no means guaranteed for them
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

But you forget, Mid, they are really a side that should be pushing for automatic promotion to League 1.

Having watched them play Derby, they are going to give us a really tough game, but let's not kid ourselves that we're playing any world-beaters, we're proven giant-killers ourselves, our cup record over the last 6 seasons proves that on our day we're a match for anyone, even Championship sides. Derby are a poor side and played into their hands, sure I give Crawley credit, but if they think they're already in the 5th round then so be it. Don't we just love sending teams like that home from PlaInmoor with nothing but shattered dreams.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What WE do against Crawley will be what counts. Luck will play a part ?

Aye, it will.

Luck will be the result of thorough preparation.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Pepperami
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Pepperami »

Spot on.
Gary Player: "The harder I practice, the luckier I get"
Darren Moore: "The further away I get from Paul R****r's chin the quicker he hits the astroturf"
We'll be fine.