5 worst/least favourite players since watching TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Just remembered Leon Hapgood. Dreadful player!!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Danny mills (anyone remember)?
morike sako - only saw him play once though!
The gulls are going up
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Kernowgull wrote:Cant believe Jason Rees is in there, he always put in 100%.

Mine would be

Tony Bedeau
Gary Brabin
Lee Andrews
Ollie Gottkalkson
Chris Waddle
I cannot believe anyone would put Beds in their 5 least favourite Utd players. After 330 committed performances, he deserves better than that.

Did he once run over your cat or summat??
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

Ha ha, I got into many a heated discussion about Tony Bedeau. I really disliked him from the moment he put in one of the all time worst performances Ive ever seen awsy at Rushden. He had a glorious opportunity to score, and not only didnt, but put so little effort into it, it was unbelievable. I wouldnt put him in the 5 worst, just really disliked him as a player after that!
FishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Downes

Post by FishGull »

For me it's got to be:

Taiwo Atieno
Jody Banim
Mo Camara
Lee Mansell (controversial, I know, and I know he has some talent but I genuinely can't stand him as a player, so least favourite) :whistle:
Martin Rice
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Don't let Scotty see that Fishy, he loves Manse! :-/

Joking aside, I wouldn't worry about it mate. I think Bodin is one of the worst players I've seen pull on a TUFC shirt and that's technically blasphemous in the yellow part of South Devon! :-o :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

FishGull wrote: Lee Mansell (controversial, I know, and I know he has some talent but I genuinely can't stand him as a player, so least favourite) :whistle:
You're dead to me

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

Kernowgull wrote:Ha ha, I got into many a heated discussion about Tony Bedeau. I really disliked him from the moment he put in one of the all time worst performances Ive ever seen awsy at Rushden. He had a glorious opportunity to score, and not only didnt, but put so little effort into it, it was unbelievable. I wouldnt put him in the 5 worst, just really disliked him as a player after that!
I was there Kernow! Clean through and he gently placed it in the keeper's chest. I confess that I briefly shared your antipathy at that moment.

My equivalent was with Leon Constantine at London Road. A ball was slid inside their fullback, and he made zero effort to reach it. I ran down to the hoardings and shouted "You lazy b*stard!" He looked utterly bemused that anyone should care about the outcome of a midweek League 2 match. Said it all for me.

Beds had limited ability but loved to run at his opposite number. A good player for us
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

You're dead to me

:rofl:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

jonnyfive wrote:
I was there Kernow! Clean through and he gently placed it in the keeper's chest.
When I read this thread and saw a couple of Bedeau comments, the Rushden away game was the first thing that popped into my head. I've seen back-passes played with more conviction than Tony's "effort" on goal that day
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

Gottskalkson (or whatever) is definitely worthy of mention. Laughably poor goalkeeper who needed codeine and a zimmer frame to reach the pitch.

Mamidou Sow and Carl Priso were dreadful. Didn't Sow get the shameful 'subbed-on, subbed-off' treatment?
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

Avo was always 'Toblerone Boots' to me. Never lived up to the hype.

Bartlett used to give Holmsey dog's abuse during his second incarnation. For once people agreed with the kn*b. And to think PH played for Everton!
lexusguy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by lexusguy »

Who was the left back (scottish I think) who injured himself by falling down, was off for months, then came back and got himself sent off 1st game
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by jonnyfive »

Mo Camara?
Staffsgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Staffsgull1 »

Sounds more like Alan Hay, a verteran Scottish left back I think we signed from York many years back. Constantly out with a succession of vague injuries he managed about 5 pretty bad games over a 2 year period.