First team v Fans XI PSF.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:well, if we played the team that we had from the forum that played v the excretia forum, then we'd spank them 4-0.

no problem.
i take it YOU didn't play then.................................. :na:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

I'm sure that you've heard of 'Hot Shot Hamish' the Scottish guy who did 'bullet headers' from the half way line !! Well 'Hot Shot Coley' is waiting for the call !!!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Likewise i'm sure you all fondly remember 'Fat Sh*t Fritz' the Austrian bloke who never let a goal in for 20 years due to his immense girth made up entirely of sausagemeat :Z ?!! I too am awaiting the call (that i'm 100% sure will never come). :lol:

NOTE: Although i have a body mass index that renders me clinically obese i am only 17 stone and have a large build and so technically i'm only 2-3 stones overweight so the docs can p*ss off on this one. I don't mind posting flippant self-deprecating jibes and japes about my size as i know i'm not really REALLY fat. :)
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

AustrianAndyGull wrote:I take it YOU didn't play then.................................. :na:
Oh Andy. He so did! SNW, aka The Cat.

I seem to remember scoring a flicked on header at the near post. Looking back, I wish I'd rugby tackled their lion mascot! Would have been an epic goal celebration!
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Haha, surprised he didn't have a bloody heart attack! :lol:

Mind you, he was stood still for 90 minutes. :na:
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Well, this game has been vetoed by the club, which is absolutely understandable. However, there may just be enough interest in this to make it worthwhile. I guess we could play among ourselves?

How would we feel about playing a charity match sometime this summer? Plainmoor might be a little ambitious, but Buckland might be interested. They have a nice ground, decent bar etc.
What do we think?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Isn't there a Torquay Legends team or something that we could possibly play against? All money raised goes to charity or something like that?

I'd be up for it without doubt, as long as it's sometime in July. I'll need to burn off the burgers I'll eat from my holiday in America!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SteveDeckchair wrote:
Oh Andy. He so did! SNW, aka The Cat.

I seem to remember scoring a flicked on header at the near post. Looking back, I wish I'd rugby tackled their lion mascot! Would have been an epic goal celebration!
I feel a pic coming on

As for the Lion, he's actually a good friend of mine, Chris Sumner. He's a top bloke even though he's a pesky Greek. He's on my Facebook, Steve ;-)
Attachments
S1052635 (2).jpg
S1052635 (2).jpg (13.02 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

The Squad, with me as the Manager due to being out with a knee injury.
Attachments
group.jpg
Dave

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I feel a pic coming on

As for the Lion, he's actually a good friend of mine, Chris Sumner. He's a top bloke even though he's a pesky Greek. He's on my Facebook, Steve ;-)
never disappointed with you dave.........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
never disappointed with you dave.........
Aww Christoff, you know you love me really :)
Dave

JoeBarlow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by JoeBarlow »

I`d play for defoo