Wade Fairhurst

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gillygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Wade Fairhurst

Post by gillygull »

Is there any sign that he will ever play a game for us this season?????
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

God knows but we cannot rely on him and Briscoe as being 2 of 4/5 strikers we are going to need until the end of the season.
Against FGR we had 3 on the bench I think which included Scott Corderoy.

This included a starting 11 where 7 were defenders, two of which were centre halves playing in midfield.

We need to bring in 4 or 5 minimum, now that Heslop and Carmichael have also gone.
Where was the reserve goalie Fisher on Friday and where was Finch or can he only play at home.

The Board have promised to back Nicholson but Ajala and local lads are not going to get us out of the current mess.

Unless anyone knows different...............
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I've had a look at Fairhurst's playing record on Wiki out of interest and it seems that his playing career has been relatively injury free up to now (playing over 30 games in each of two seasons with Macclesfield for example). Just our bad luck that he's been out injured for most of this season. He would certainly be a useful addition to the squad when/if fully fit. This is probably unfair, but Damien Davey seemed to be able to get players match fit quicker than is happening now.
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

It is very unfortunate and he would certainly be a useful addition to the team. Fairhurst had recovered from a cruciate ligament knee injury earlier on in the season (returned at end of November I think), only to be struck down with another injury - a thigh injury? Think its a little unfair to lambaste the medical staff though tomogull. We've had many injuries and can't think of too many who've been out for too long (bar Young, Fairhurst and Exodus with serious long term injuries). I've recently been keeping track of the injuries on Garath Laws twitter account, and it appears we've had a lot of injuries - that return fairly swiftly may I add. Hopefully, Fairhurst wont be too much longer either (we need his experience and we need goals)!!!
Paigntongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Wes Saunders

Post by Paigntongull »

10 days away from full training according to club twitter feed. Perhaps back by the end of the month? :)
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

Paigntongull wrote:10 days away from full training according to club twitter feed. Perhaps back by the end of the month? :)

Need him back, was our 'big' summer signing. KN has also said he is hopefully of another striker in by the weekend too.....