James Hurst suspended by club

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

James Hurst suspended by club

Post by CraigUnder »

As a couple of posters mentioned in other threads it has now been confirmed that James Hurst has been suspended pending an investigation.

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Correct move by the club IF the reports are correct.

I suspect he has played his last game for us. Will be a big loss but nobody is bigger than the club and everyone who plays for the club should respect it (and I just don't think this was ever the case with Hurst).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Thanks a lot James. Captain out for the season, proven striker injured in August and now top scorer getting himself suspended.

We can't afford (literally) to carry another first team player not on the pitch. If he's not going to be reliable then he's absolutely no use to us.

Some things are beyond your control but I feel for Nicholson having Marsh and Hurst out for Saturday for self-inflicted reasons. What chance have we got with our own players letting us down?
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

And this is why he has never made it!!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Discipline has been mentioned time and time again by Kev but still it seems to go in one ear and out the other with some players, utterly disappointing.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

massive shame, has rescued our team enough this season, and I think he knows this. We'll have to get rid, shame because a better team will snap him up! But no player is bigger than the club so we need to set an example and get rid of him.
The gulls are going up
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I do wonder if, for some reason, he has had a falling out with a few guys at the club (maybe even Nico himself), and wants out. Perhaps this is his way of getting his own way. Silly if it is, especially given he may get a police record as a result.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Scott Brehaut wrote:I do wonder if, for some reason, he has had a falling out with a few guys at the club (maybe even Nico himself), and wants out. Perhaps this is his way of getting his own way. Silly if it is, especially given he may get a police record as a result.

A salient point, I was a bit daft in the 80's and ended up with a police record.

Message in a bottle......... =D
TUST No 278
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

chardie wrote:

A salient point, I was a bit daft in the 80's and ended up with a police record.

Message in a bottle......... =D

With jokes like that, you're going to end up so lonely.

Also, message in a bottle was released in the 70's

:)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
With jokes like that, you're going to end up so lonely.

Also, message in a bottle was released in the 70's

:)

Really? It didn't reach Dartmouth til 1981! :~D
TUST No 278
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

sorry but if he is guilty then he has to go,could Nico ever trust him again?,what a shame as the guy has some talent but unfortunately it is not out weighed by his brain cells.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

There is no point surmising one way or another on here. Only the club will have all the facts and they will take whatever action they think is appropriate.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Very disappointing. However, innocent until proven guilty. However, as stated its a club matter, let them handle it. More concerned about the alleged Friday night bender, in respect of letting the club and team down( if true)
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Unbelievable! These young footballers just do not realise how privileged they are. Regardless of what happened what the hell did he think he was doing out drinking? He is a professional athlete, being paid to do something that millions of people around the world can only dream of. This just makes me so mad.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

PhilGull wrote:Unbelievable! These young footballers just do not realise how privileged they are. Regardless of what happened what the hell did he think he was doing out drinking? He is a professional athlete, being paid to do something that millions of people around the world can only dream of. This just makes me so mad.
The club/board have acted swiftly. Let them deal with it. If true, he has to go. Zebs got away with it, and didn't learn from his mistake.
Lucy