Hi

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Hi

Post by Smithy1899 »

I'm the guy you have all abused for saying the manager has not been getting paid. I knew this because of conversations I overheard involving board members at the first game of the season. I'll continue to support my beloved club but mark my words, the people who run the club will destroy it.
Last edited by Smithy1899 on 18 Sep 2015, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

Well unfortunately Smithy, the people who run the club are the only people who were up for the challenge, and are doing the best they can to make sure that we still have boys in Yellow run out every week, it's either this board or no club.

Maybe you did hear these conversations, maybe you're absolutely right, but if you are a true supporter like you say then you should probably stop the negativity and get behind our last and only hope.
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

Listen mate, I've never meant offence, I've just stated a fact, which if it was true (and I think we can now be 99% certain it is) is absolutely absurd. I have never known a club not pay a manager, especially when players are getting paid. It's just a terrible way to run a footba club, the manager is key to everything. Without him it falls apart. I acknowledge the occasional negativity from me but it's only because you guys refuse to believe what I'm saying is true, and the ramifications of it.

As for the owners, I can't imagine they got anywhere in life by running a show and not being paid. I will always support the team on the pitch but some things need debating surely?
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

Smithy1899 wrote: Without him it falls apart.
And from what I have just heard!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So why is he here if he isn't being paid?
BayGull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jools Holland

Post by BayGull »

BayGull wrote: And from what I have just heard!
Like I said: http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/T ... story.html
Smithy1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Smithy1899 »

brucie wrote:So why is he here if he isn't being paid?
A question best put to him or the owners. Who knows? Perhaps they had an understanding he would take a look then come to an agreement, only the club haven't honoured their side of the bargain, hence now his resignation. Your guess is as good as mine.