Oneil Odofin - starter this season?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Oneil Odofin - starter this season?

Post by Richinns »

Just pure speculation on my part but I suspect Oneil might have a large part to play this season. Judging by the type of defender Cox has used in the past, and the type we are seeing turn up for trials, then Oneil seems to be very much of a similar type and if we are going to play 3 CB's then there will be an even bigger opportunity for him in this set-up. With the budget tight and currently only two CBs on the books (one of which is him) then he might very much be in and around the first team this season.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Sounds good to me. About times these young players started earning their wages!
I've not seen much of him myself but everything I have heard suggests he has the potential to be a very good lower league defender. Perhaps not quite the game head to play at the top but that can be taught by good coaches but the physicality and bravery to get involved where others shy away.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Well he got 2 assists from flick-ons against Tiverton the other night, could be a dangerman from set pieces for us.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Supergulls would disagree with you - he doesn't rate Odofin whatsoever.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

First time I have seen Odofin at Tiverton. He is a massive unit for a young bloke but in general was a liability in the first half nearly gifting Tiverton a couple of goals. Very similar in looks and stature to the triallist Madoke (or whatever his name is)
Difficult to judge either really but against better opposition I think theyt would both struggle.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

Looks like it'll be Geohagan and MacDonald as the first choices.

I can see us signing one more versatile defender who can play along the backline, and then Odofin to round out the options.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
DaveysBarTab
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: none right now

Post by DaveysBarTab »

heard hes a right timmy
chardie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by chardie »

DaveysBarTab wrote:heard hes a right timmy

What does that mean?
TUST No 278
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

chardie wrote:

What does that mean?

I'm guessing it's a South Park reference, http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Timmy_Burch. Up to you how distasteful or offensive you find it.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Supergulls would disagree with you - he doesn't rate Odofin whatsoever.
Your right there Scott, he has all the physical attributes to succeed in the game, but there's one problem ..... He is not a very good footballer ! He's clumsy as hell and gives away pens like nobody I have ever seen. For a big guy he lacks aggression and he doesn't read the game at all. I watched him play against reading for the youth team and it was the worst performance I've seen from a centre half. He gave away two pens through being clumsy and just diving in when he only had to jockey the player. Then he was at fault for another goal after playing an awful back pass. People may say you can coach him and turn him into a decent player I say you can make a donkey a racehorse.