Is Sturrock our possible new Director of football

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Is Sturrock our possible new Director of football

Post by Glostergull »

Commo's just mentioned that Paul Sturrock is in the stands. wondering if he is looking to run to rule over our lot as a possible new Director of football. Interesting appointment if he is. will this start a resurgence. Will he have contacts to get in players we can afford and will drop down to conference level. What Will Brucie say. (who cares) will minions take over the earth. ( someone might care.) is there enough interest to even bother to post this. we will see. watch this space.. Only slightly more interesting than watching grass grow.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Have you anything else to go on glostergull, apart from the fact he is sat on the stand? However why else would he be there? Not for an enjoyable feast of football thsts for sure!!
Would be very happy if any substance in this...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Would be happy with this if true. Chris Hargreaves is a nice chap, no doubt, was a great player, no doubt, but for the love of gord he is not a football manager. If someone like Sturrock can come in take some pressure of CH, give him (CH) some direction and help it can not be a bad thing.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

nothing else to go on apart from the commo's going on about it. but rumours have been circulating for sometime about all sorts of changes within the club, I would hope there is something in this. but on todays performance I would think he would be heading out of Plainmoor wondering why he even went there.
On the results. dropping attendances and lack of atmosphere. i wonder if i do end up living in Georgia USA whether i will be missing much.
And just where is Brucie. he is normally on here before now bemoaning everything. even how the clouds float in the sky. won't miss him much.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Not sure how we can appoint a director of football whilst the club is up for sale?

If this is the first step to CH being shown the door i'll welcome it with open arms though.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The current board could appoint who they like, when they like, ultimately should the ownership of the club change hands it would be up to the new owners to decide whether they retain the services of any club employee. It must be remembered however, at this stage, this story is nothing more than a rumour, I would think if there is any truth in this, more likely looking at next season, perhaps under new owners/board/management.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

OK maybe should have worded that differently. They "could" do it, but not sure it would be a great idea as surely any new owner would want their own man. If they didn't fancy Sturrock it's an extra expense to get rid.

Perhaps he is in the mind of a new owner, hopefully a sign that somebody is interested.

*clutches desperately at some straws*
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

IMO it either means that new owners are imminent and talking to him, or the whole speculation is a load of rubbish.
higgipr
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by higgipr »

He was on Radio Devon the other week in about a 20minute interview regarding his career etc. He implied that he was finished with Football mostly as a result of previous bad health issues. So I would imagine it is a no goer in whatever position, if it was or is to be offered.
+Gdog8
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke young

Post by +Gdog8 »

All getting far to excited he was there today scouting , he was over heard asking what players are out of contract at the end of the season
:scarf: :whistle:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair it was Steve Breed and Chris fleet who alluded to it on radio Devon, also to add they did say it was just rumour, as all posters on here have.
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

+Gdog8 wrote:All getting far to excited he was there today scouting , he was over heard asking what players are out of contract at the end of the season
He's been to games this season so why was today any different!

What i will say though, its very difficult to scout and compile individual player analysis, sat in a directors box, chatting to people, positioned directly behind a goal!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

+Gdog8 wrote:All getting far to excited he was there today scouting , he was over heard asking what players are out of contract at the end of the season
He can have the bloody lot of them
Lucy
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Significant that he was in the Directors box rather than Bristows Bench I think.

Don't think there is any credibility in the suggestion that he was simply " scouting" ... I mean seriously??? Unless Truro City (or someone of a similar level) are in a position to take some of our cast offs who would he seriously be scouting???? Particularly given that both Young and Bowman were missing today (perhaps our only realistic saleable assets?) then who would he be looking at?

The "rumour" I heard was that he (Sturrock) has been " helping out" all week ... make of that what you will!