If Chris goes?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

If Chris goes?

Post by MF68 »

There is that phrase "be careful what you wish for"

Where would we turn next ?

Who would you want > and Who do you think the Board would go for?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Alex Russell!!!!!..............let's chuck it at another legend until one gets it right :)
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Threads like this, understandable though they may be, unfortunately do nothing to diminish the atmosphere of negativity and expectation of failure around Plainmoor and amongst supporters, and do nothing to lift the morale and motivation of players. The club cannot afford to keep changing managers; it needs new investment (a new benefactor?) more than it needs a new manager. Certainly it cannot look to the supporters and fans for salvation; there were never enough of those at the best of times, and if the club looked to them for advice it would be playing in the Southern League in no time.. :-/
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Quite honestly, if there was the money kicking around to pay off Hargreaves, I would probably prefer it to be spent on bringing in a more senior figure to work with/ guide Hargreaves through the rest of the season - someone like Paul Sturrock would be ideal.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Sorry Gullscorer. What the Club cant afford is another bad appointment.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Gullscorer wrote:Threads like this, understandable though they may be, unfortunately do nothing to diminish the atmosphere of negativity and expectation of failure around Plainmoor and amongst supporters, and do nothing to lift the morale and motivation of players. The club cannot afford to keep changing managers; it needs new investment (a new benefactor?) more than it needs a new manager. Certainly it cannot look to the supporters and fans for salvation; there were never enough of those at the best of times, and if the club looked to them for advice it would be playing in the Southern League in no time.. :-/
It needed a manager who could do the job in the circumstances that were presented at the time.

Unfortunately - in my opinion -it wasn't - and isn't - CH.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Perhaps it was an impossible job in the circumstances. SG is right in that the situation at Plainmoor was and is not conducive to success. However, as an inexperienced manager CH was bound to make some mistakes, and of course some would argue too many. They could be right. But I shall reserve judgement. Because the question is, could any other manager have done better in the circumstances, and the answer is possibly. However, I have always maintained that any new manager needs two full seasons at a club before one can judge his capabilities at the club. But this is assuming that everything else is in place to provide the manager with what he needs to achieve success. Patently, this has not been the case at Plainmoor. We can only hope now, barring a miracle from CH, that Kelvin Thomas comes up with a master plan for a near miraculous solution..
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Kelvin has come to redecorate TUFC so that we can be sold off as soon as possible.
Let's hope that he has some building skills and does not paper over the cracks!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Gullscorer wrote:Threads like this, understandable though they may be, unfortunately do nothing to diminish the atmosphere of negativity and expectation of failure around Plainmoor and amongst supporters, and do nothing to lift the morale and motivation of players. The club cannot afford to keep changing managers; it needs new investment (a new benefactor?) more than it needs a new manager. Certainly it cannot look to the supporters and fans for salvation; there were never enough of those at the best of times, and if the club looked to them for advice it would be playing in the Southern League in no time.. :-/
:goodpost:
The club is in desperate need of investment so CH can bring in players that can shine at this level. None of you were ever expecting an immediate return to the FL on peanuts and you'd be lying if you were, nevertheless the performance and result today were inexcusable. Give Chris his own squad next season and then judge. We're neither going up or down so it's best to judge him on his squad in the summer rather than the questionable team sheets and tactics we've seen too often this year.
Trojan
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Poke

Post by Trojan »

Didn't go today as after last weeks shambolic performance I now refuse to use my money to pay wages of players who don't care!
CH is not the main problem, a Captain that puts in no effort and gives V sign to supporter who dares to voice criticism is!
The players have let CH down, and the fans. Crowds will continue to drop until they reach
crisis level. Fans will be blamed for not attending as the club sinks into oblivion.
50 years of my support ended at Wrexham game as did lots of others. Please, please giv us our club back!!
StretfordGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by StretfordGull »

What do the players think is going to happen if we lose 1-0 at home to AFC Telford? The culmination of over half a season of the worst football any of us have ever seen?
Do they honestly think that the reaction is going to be a warm one?
The penny dropped for me away to Altrincham. My goodness me that was a terrible performance and every game I've seen since hasn't been better.
Up until that point I was lambasting others for stopping going to the games in protest. Now, after awful performance after awful performance, I'm frankly amazed 1600 turned up.
The players and management have failed us (the board too I suppose), so people are voting with their feet. Why should we turn up? What's the point? Give us a reason. If the players aren't making the effort then why should we pay to see them.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I think we'll go sub 1500 on Tuesday night, the fans are now voting with their feet and if I didn't have a ST, I wouldn't be going either.

The club will get a huge shock in the summer when they start trying to sell ST's.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Gullscorer wrote:Perhaps it was an impossible job in the circumstances. SG is right in that the situation at Plainmoor was and is not conducive to success. However, as an inexperienced manager CH was bound to make some mistakes, and of course some would argue too many. They could be right. But I shall reserve judgement. Because the question is, could any other manager have done better in the circumstances, and the answer is possibly. However, I have always maintained that any new manager needs two full seasons at a club before one can judge his capabilities at the club. But this is assuming that everything else is in place to provide the manager with what he needs to achieve success. Patently, this has not been the case at Plainmoor. We can only hope now, barring a miracle from CH, that Kelvin Thomas comes up with a master plan for a near miraculous solution..

Double Roll-over next week? everyone buy a ticket!
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Burnhamgull wrote:I think we'll go sub 1500 on Tuesday night, the fans are now voting with their feet and if I didn't have a ST, I wouldn't be going either.

The club will get a huge shock in the summer when they start trying to sell ST's.
I have a season ticket but I just couldn't be bothered yesterday (although illness and moving house contributed to that decision) and I will not be going on Tuesday. It has been a waste of money getting a season ticket this year, due to the amount of games I have had to miss and it was against my better judgement that I bought one. I won't be repeating that mistake next season. When the early bird comes, it can fly away, as I will not be wasting my money next season, to the extent I have this year.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nobody can blame you for that stance but I hope you reconsider. Thea has recognised that she needed help from outside the Board and without the players on lucrative contracts holding us back I see next season almost as a fresh start. I won't get to many games next year but I'll be repaying the debt we all owe the Bristow family by buying a season ticket. I hope as many people as possible look at the bigger picture and follow suit.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com