Tuesdays team selection

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Tuesdays team selection

Post by brucie »

So what do we do now - another game on a heavy pitch, will mean shattered players will have to chase a game on Saturday.
A tough call but to my mind but we must rest as many players as possible on Tuesday. I don't think we are good enough to make the play offs but I would be leaving out the likes of Bowman,Young and a few more to keep them fresh for Saturday.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Given the results today the play offs are even more of a distant dream. I would rest as many as possible as well.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

12 points behind play-offs a massive ask that now, as much as it will annoy some, prioritise the F.A Trophy, simples.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

The new loan boys should start, get them up to match fitness
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Just take each game as it comes pick the best team possible for Tues and Saturday it's a shame our manager did not do that today. :keepie:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote:So what do we do now - another game on a heavy pitch, will mean shattered players will have to chase a game on Saturday.
A tough call but to my mind but we must rest as many players as possible on Tuesday. I don't think we are good enough to make the play offs but I would be leaving out the likes of Bowman,Young and a few more to keep them fresh for Saturday.
What do we do now? I suggest we follow the great Cyril Knowles' strategy when he ordered (allegedly) the pitch to be well watered to make sure a game was called off when several players were out through injury !!
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Dunno about watered. I am sure we can find someone to go down in the middle of the night and plant a few spuds. plough a few furrows and prepare for next harvest. veggies will come in handy for no10 restaurant. See em try to get a match on then. :lol:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think you're all missing the point. The only thing we should be aiming for is getting out of this league. The league takes priority until it is mathematically impossible for us to reach the play-offs. Wembley might be nice but ultimately what does it matter, it's hardly going to allow Thea to walk away and leave us with a pot of gold is it?

Full strength versus Lincoln, every league game now is a must win.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Southampton Gull wrote:I think you're all missing the point. The only thing we should be aiming for is getting out of this league. The league takes priority until it is mathematically impossible for us to reach the play-offs. Wembley might be nice but ultimately what does it matter, it's hardly going to allow Thea to walk away and leave us with a pot of gold is it?

Full strength versus Lincoln, every league game now is a must win.
:goodpost:
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Also agree with So'ton - Tuesday is a chance for the team to get together and put in a much needed good performance.

Looking at the matches we still have to play in the league we have a relatively benign run-in with us only playing one of the top sides (Macclesfield) on the last day of the season and an awful lot of winnable matches against lowly placed teams. It is not all over for the playoffs - not by a long chalk. Remember how Exeter came out of the pack in our first season in the Conference (it still hurts!)
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Dave SG does make a good point, and I can assure all I hadn't missed the point Dave makes, it's one I normally would agree with, however I think to many mistakes have been made, to many cheap points been lost (should easily have 10 points more than we do have)and gap probably to wide now.

That said I have no doubt CH will go out Tuesday and play his strongest side and have real go at winning the game, and hope we do, just don't want us to end up with nothing at the end of this season.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote:Dave SG does make a good point, and I can assure all I hadn't missed the point Dave makes, it's one I normally would agree with, however I think to many mistakes have been made, to many cheap points been lost (should easily have 10 points more than we do have)and gap probably to wide now.

That said I have no doubt CH will go out Tuesday and play his strongest side and have real go at winning the game, and hope we do, just don't want us to end up with nothing at the end of this season.
Let's hope then Dave that he picks the right team and right formation.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Indeed Chris, with what players that appear to fit and available at the moment I like to see something like this;
Rice
MacDonald Gueguen Downes Ives
McQuilkin Young Richards Ajala
Campbell Bowman

With Chapell and Cruise back in when fit, would give McQuilken a go out wide, think he's got the ability to deliver some great balls into the box, personally don't think he's strong enough to be in a midfield two.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Who played at RB yesterday? Haven't had chance to read the report

Dawson being cup tied is frustrating as I would play him on Tuesday, Pearce is not a RB!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So why have we signed Reid from Exeter then. We are not going to get to the play offs thats a certainty. With a keeper like goal a game Rice practically chucking the ball in his own net every match accumalating enough points to get promoted is just fanciful.
I do take the point about playing your strongest team but somehow we got away with still having a chance against Wrexham. I have seen the players non perform time and time again playing the third game in seven days, and with rain forecast again we are going to have some tired legs next saturday if our first team turn out again on Tuesday.
I understand that there were two pitch inspections at Wrexham yesterday and with bad weather until Tuesday whats the odds that their home game against Forest Green will get called off?
I don't really see that playing Ofori for Bowman on Tuesday and giving him a rest for Saturday is necessarily going to weaken us that much. I would rest Ajala and play McQ for Young in central midfield.
The French bloke can play at the back but make way for Downes next Saturday - his ability to score from a set peice could be crucial.
I would play this team on Tuesday

Seabright

Dawson-Guegen-Pearce- Ives

Cameron- McQ-Richards-Reid

Ofori-Briscoe (if fit)