Hutchings released

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Hutchings released

Post by bobby93 »

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 86165.aspx

Our small squad just got a little smaller.

Are all these players heading for the exit door (Thompson, Sullivan, Benyon, and now Hutchings) freeing up money for a January loan?
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

That's the only conclusion to be drawn, hopefully. Maybe someone from Bournemouth? Or from Plymouth as Sherridan was quoted about letting his fringe players out on loan.
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I only saw him play for us twice, wasn't too bad I though. Thompson, Sully, Hutchings... who's next? Yeoman?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

RussianGull wrote:I only saw him play for us twice, wasn't too bad I though. Thompson, Sully, Hutchings... who's next? Yeoman?
:nod: . . . . . . followed by Rice, Tonge, Cruise, Downes, Pearce, Cameron, Chapell, Harding and Benyon.

:engflag:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by supergulls »

I find this a very strange scenario, this lad was the one we were all excited about. I spoke to Jake in the bar on Sunday and apparently the club has gone back on an agreement to allow him to go back to hearts as when he was there before he got injured hence costing us money as Frome cancelled the extended Loan deal. I find this really odd as if a player is U23 we would be entitled to compensation from Hearts if they were to sign him. so for the sake of a few hundred pounds we turn down the possible future revenue of a quality young player that we have developed and the figure rising to thousands. We are currently struggling financially and all of the players that we have put time and revenue into are leaving because we don't have the finances to follow through their development. It's a sad state of affairs when Hargreaves is saying we don't have the funds to develop our own players. It's about now not the future which has got the alarm bells ringing.
In the past weeks we have released Niall Thompson
Jake Hutchings and
Dan Sullivan all these lads come through our academy if I was a future parent with a choice it definitely would be Exeter !
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

supergulls wrote:I find this a very strange scenario, this lad was the one we were all excited about. I spoke to Jake in the bar on Sunday and apparently the club has gone back on an agreement to allow him to go back to hearts as when he was there before he got injured hence costing us money as Frome cancelled the extended Loan deal. I find this really odd as if a player is U23 we would be entitled to compensation from Hearts if they were to sign him. so for the sake of a few hundred pounds we turn down the possible future revenue of a quality young player that we have developed and the figure rising to thousands. We are currently struggling financially and all of the players that we have put time and revenue into are leaving because we don't have the finances to follow through their development. It's a sad state of affairs when Hargreaves is saying we don't have the funds to develop our own players. It's about now not the future which has got the alarm bells ringing.
In the past weeks we have released Niall Thompson
Jake Hutchings and
Dan Sullivan all these lads come through our academy if I was a future parent with a choice it definitely would be Exeter !
He's not good enough, end of.
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Really ?? If hearts sign him you will look like a complete bell end ! And Hargreaves is saying that he is good enough you complete tool.
If we throw away compensation for being u23
Also a 30% sell on and add ons for making the 1st team I'd love you to be my financial advisor!
Last edited by supergulls on 06 Jan 2015, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

supergulls wrote:Really ?? If hearts sign him you will look like a complete bell end ! And Hargreaves is saying that he is good enough you complete tool.
What's really happen to Ives, do you know ?
Formerly known as forevertufc
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

forevertufc wrote: What's really happen to Ives, do you know ?
Of course I know he's left and gone back to Belfast and has told the club he's not coming back as he hates it here.
Believe the spin about a bad back if you choose, another one of our Crown Jewels has decided that Torquay is not the place to learn his trade. Look at what's happening at the minute and you make up your mind what state our club is in .
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Oh so it is true.. :'(
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Have I ever told a lie Dave
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

supergulls wrote:Have I ever told a lie Dave
No, to be fair.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

supergulls wrote: Of course I know he's left and gone back to Belfast and has told the club he's not coming back as he hates it here.
Believe the spin about a bad back if you choose, another one of our Crown Jewels has decided that Torquay is not the place to learn his trade. Look at what's happening at the minute and you make up your mind what state our club is in .
Hang on,

i couldn't care less if he goes to Hearts, right now is he good enough to help us get back in the football league? no

Hearts with a lot more money than us, can afford to take him on this and next season and then maybe he's ready then fair play to them, we can't do that!

If Ives doesn't want to play here what can we do? It's pretty obvious he's had his head turned by a championship club/PL club. Unsurprising when i imagine a lot of his international colleagues are at those sorts of clubs. So enlighten me supergulls, Ives doesn't want to stay, what do you suggest?
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I questioned whether Ives was good enough, a few people thought he was off the back of one performance, I was of the opinion 1game isn't enough to judge, then I saw him again, I started to realise this lad does have something about him. For me the fact Ives appears to have done one isn't the issue, the fact that he's done one, off the back of run on the first team is, which ever way we want to spin, that suggests something more than him wanting to leave has gone on. After all, stay at Torquay to the end of the season, stay in the first team, stay in the shop window, if he really wanted to move on to something bigger.
supergulls
Skipper
Skipper

Post by supergulls »

Plainmoor roar
Come on mate take off those rose tinted glasses in Hargreaves eyes Hutchings may not be ready but if he was down the road at Exeter who knows what he may have achieved as tisdale throws in his youngsters and isn't frightened to give them a chance. I used to watch Hutchings play against Matty Grimes and tom Nichols etc and he always did well. What is the difference at Exeter they get a shout at Torquay they don't.