Shamir Goodwin goes back to Brighton

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Shamir Goodwin goes back to Brighton

Post by taxilady »

Apparently Shamir has a thigh injury & is out for the rest of the season. Thought he did well for us, looked like he was trying his best & cared about the result. Thanks Shamir & good luck !
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Torn thigh muscle. According to Hargreaves Goodwin had tears in his eyes when he left. Guess he was crying with joy.
He isn't good enough for Brighton so could be one for the Conference.
On the subject of crying - did anyone notice O'Connor at the end of the game yesterday? Together with Pearce they were the last two players to leave the pitch. O'Connor was absolutely distraught.
That about sums it up really - the only bloke who shows any emotion and he isn't even our player. Top bloke at least he can proud of himself.
Compare that with Stevens who struts about like he has a broom stuck up his arse or nancy boy Bodin - stupid haircut and feck all else yesterday.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I also saw O'Connor's reaction at the end. He buried his head in his shirt for quite a while and was clearly upset.

As far as I am concerned, he has played wholeheartedly ever since his arrival and he, for one, should hold his head up high rather than feel any responsibility for the mess we are in.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Him and Pearce our only two players who gave their all for the whole season. So wish we could have them again next year but very much doubt it it
ethantufcbaker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Dan Sparkes

Post by ethantufcbaker »

brucie wrote:Torn thigh muscle. According to Hargreaves Goodwin had tears in his eyes when he left. Guess he was crying with joy.
He isn't good enough for Brighton so could be one for the Conference.
On the subject of crying - did anyone notice O'Connor at the end of the game yesterday? Together with Pearce they were the last two players to leave the pitch. O'Connor was absolutely distraught.
That about sums it up really - the only bloke who shows any emotion and he isn't even our player. Top bloke at least he can proud of himself.
Compare that with Stevens who struts about like he has a broom stuck up his arse or nancy boy Bodin - stupid haircut and feck all else yesterday.
Looking at the highlishts actaully O'connor was swearing and crying in his t-shirt
Also pearce just looked distraught and manse hugged rice whilst they both cried

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/league- ... ttle-heats? Manse crying
Shows he cares

O Connor has been pretty much the best thing about this season and Pearce and obviously they feel it the most.
Last edited by ethantufcbaker on 20 Apr 2014, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

At least Goodwin gave me the best single moment of the last two months watching this shite with his incredible goal at Chesterfield. A real slice of quality. Sadly though everything else I saw of him wasn't up to the required standard on a regular basis. You could say he started like a train and then once he been told that the mantra for Torquay players was to not give a shit and ponce about like big girls then he didn't want to look out of place so thought if you can't beat 'em then join 'em.

On the flipside of this, I was stupid enough to spend over £200 making a weekend of the Newport game where he got sent off after about a second thus rendering my entire afternoon pointless and saw me sat freezing my gonads off in the bench whilst doing a cracking impression of a lump of wood. Stiff, hard and very very thick. Cheers for that Shamir, nice one bud! :) :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.