Season Cup Ticket.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Season Cup Ticket.

Post by ferrarilover »

Along similar lines to my other thread.

What would you say to a bit of a gamble in terms of cup tickets?

Pay £75 by August 1st and guarantee yourself a ticket for every cup game we play (with no further payment necessary). I know we've got a poor recent record, but we'd only need to pick up one big draw away to a recent side for that to start looking like good value.

What if, included in the price, was an entry into a draw to win two tickets for the FA Cup Final?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Is that just tickets for Plainmoor? or would that include a third round league cup tie at the Emirates which would normally cost £400?

Too much of a gamble I would suggest. Conceivably we could get the same crap away draw (Crawley/Cheltenham/Swindon) in both the League cup and Paint pot trophy and then Barrow away in the FA cup and its £75 spent with not a lot to show for it. Away games can't be budgeted for way in advance (unless you're a loony like me or Paul B*stard) so even with a free ticket there is no guarantee you could afford travelling expenses etc at the time of the match.

I take your point that I'd be laughing if we got Arsenal in one of the cups, but given our recent form, I doubt you'd get many takers, and whilst the FA cup final tickets is a nice bargaining stick, I am guessing that it wouldn't be an all expenses paid job.

Perhaps you could include home cup games into the existing price of a normal season ticket. I'd be much more happy to make a one off payment and have it all done with by the end of May rather than make 2 separate purchases.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

With our recent cup form I'd rather stick £75 on s horse and spend any winnings on cup tickets. As you say in OP too much of a gamble on current form. Also not sure many fans would want to / afford to cough up an extra £75 at same time as renewing season tickets.

Can't see it working I'm afraid.

Mind you if Buckle was in charge....
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Logistically very difficult this one Matt, I pay £75 away match's say are covered, we are drawn away in all cups, I can't get to the games, which end in defeats I've just paid £75 for a very small chance of winning some cup final tickets, say we're drawn at home and lose I'm down approx £39. It's gamble, one which personally don't think people will take.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I did think this one might be a tougher sell, hence the Cup Final bribe.

I'll listen to further responses though, just in case.

Matt.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

maybe next year, as we'll be in the FA Trophy, and with a the qualifying rounds for the FA Cup it might work out fairly good value!

in all seriousness, i wouldn't be a fan of this idea, I think it's too much of a risk given our performances in the cups over last couple of years!
The gulls are going up
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I don't think this one would be a go-er unfortunately. I just can't see the prices being low enough to attract people to buy it while keeping the prices high enough for the club to actually make some money or not be out of pocket if we actually won two cup games.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

No, right, OK, I'll sack this one then. In all honesty, it was a half formed thought in the first place borne, clearly, of the fully formed idea in the related thread.

Thanks for the input, chaps.

Matt.