"Super" Rene Howe

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

"Super" Rene Howe

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Just wanted to publicly thank Rene for having a bad patch of form just before the transfer window (what a bloody stupid phrase that is by the way) opens in January.

Hopefully people will be convinced he is a donkey who got lucky at the start of the season and scored a few goals, and they will avoid making any bids for him.

Thanks Rene - top bloke :)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

he is a donkey.

and he aint super.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:he is a donkey.

and he aint super.
Better than being a Jackass!
jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:he is a donkey.

and he aint super.
I don't understand the use of jokes like this one - it's just being contrary. More suited to primary school?

Our best player had better not be sold in Jan, or else this mediocre season will go downhill fast.
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Your name isn't Jonny and you aren't five, I don't understand usernames like yours...

Once again, this is the internet, we are bound together by a love of TUFC, not of anything else. This is torquayfans.com not iquiteenjoysophisticatedhumour.net. We aren't all going to share a sense of humour, most of us understand that, so there's no need to comment every time someone cracks a gag you don't like.

On topic, I absolutely detest the way Rene is playing at the moment. He's always floating about out siwide or too deep. I know this is because he wants more of the ball than he gets when he is up front on his own straight though the middle, but it's also stopping him scoring goals.
He desperately, desperately needs a reliable strike partner. Not Billy useless Bodin, but someone who will work alongside Ren and make good use of his excellent work in the Wayne Rooney role.

Matt.

Welcome back Aussie.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Well, the OP (obviously started by me) was a tongue in cheek comment - if people didn't fund it funny then that's fine - made me laugh though (and yes I do realise that it is not cool to laugh at your own jokes)

STIP
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Well, the OP (obviously started by me) was a tongue in cheek comment - if people didn't fund it funny then that's fine - made me laugh though (and yes I do realise that it is not cool to laugh at your own jokes)
I am the funniest person I know! - how cool am I?!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

It would appear you are now ready to join Kool and his gang :)

STIP
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ferrarilover wrote:Your name isn't Jonny and you aren't five, I don't understand usernames like yours...

Once again, this is the internet, we are bound together by a love of TUFC, not of anything else. This is torquayfans.com not iquiteenjoysophisticatedhumour.net. We aren't all going to share a sense of humour, most of us understand that, so there's no need to comment every time someone cracks a gag you don't like.

On topic, I absolutely detest the way Rene is playing at the moment. He's always floating about out siwide or too deep. I know this is because he wants more of the ball than he gets when he is up front on his own straight though the middle, but it's also stopping him scoring goals.
He desperately, desperately needs a reliable strike partner. Not Billy useless Bodin, but someone who will work alongside Ren and make good use of his excellent work in the Wayne Rooney role.

Matt.

Welcome back Aussie.

or even have one.

and yes aussie g'day!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Scott Brehaut wrote:It would appear you are now ready to join Kool and his gang :)

welcome on board rich! :engflag:

we may even let scotty join! :rofl:

TUST Member 468

jonnyfive
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Gary Clayton

Post by jonnyfive »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Well, the OP (obviously started by me) was a tongue in cheek comment - if people didn't fund it funny then that's fine - made me laugh though (and yes I do realise that it is not cool to laugh at your own jokes)
I had no quality dispute with your OP Scott, just don't see the humour in briefly stating a clear falsehood.

ie Rene is a donkey; Paris is the capital of England; ferrarilover attends a reputable law school.

All patently incorrect, but not in any way funny!
"Also, stands aren't sentient."
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If we're going to start making mention every time we don't find a post amusing, this board is going to get awfully crowded awfully fast.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Congratulations to Renee and his fiancée on the birth of their son by the way.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

New baby? Sleepless nights? Henpecked husband/partner? Stressed out? Endless fatigue?

Result: loss of form and cannot play football? And Rene's not the only one..

All our players should be required to be single and celibate. The only way to win games and promotion.. :-D