The match v Exeter is currently... OFF!!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

The match v Exeter is currently... OFF!!

Post by ferrarilover »

Thought I'd post this so people can see at a glance the current state of play. As soon as we find out the match is off (if that is ever the case) then either I or a mod can change the title so it's obvious that the game isn't on (if mods would be so kind?)

As it stands at 0400 on Friday, the game is on and it is NOT currently raining (in TQ5 anyway). However, Exeter races was called off yesterday due to the 46mm of rain which fell in the 24 hours previous, so don't be surprised if we lose this one to the elements. That said, this match will be worth a lot of money to the club and it would be difficult for them to decide to call it off, so expect full pressure from TUFC for the game to go ahead in preference of finances over performance, results and the future state of the pitch.

Matt.
Last edited by ferrarilover on 22 Dec 2012, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As said on the match day thread had a sneaky peak at the pitch and from the outside looking in the pitch looked in fine fettle. It has been dry all night and forecast for today is to stay pretty much dry all day, so no point in any pitch inspections today.

The problem is the forecast from midnight has a 90% chance of rain with up to 21mm expected, it will be down to the referee of course the club, in fact both clubs will want this game on, for us re-printing and issuing tickets, food etc, etc will cost an arm and a leg if the game is pulled.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I'm driving down from Basingstoke for this so blinking hope its on.

What time do they usually do the pitch inspection, wanted to set off really early.
TUST MEMBER
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

Inspections can take place anytime really although for a 3pm kick off it is likely to be 9am or around 11am
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

I've noticed that whenever rain is forecast for Torquay it is, as often as not, not as bad as predicted. This is usually because the wind direction unexpectedly changes to a more westerly direction, causing the rain to fall over the hills of the southwest peninsula before it reaches Torquay.

Today (Friday) is dry and bright, and although rain is forecast to fall throughout tonight and the whole of Saturday, the wind direction is also forecast to change from S to WSW. As a result, we may get a more reasonable day tomorrow than forecast, perhaps some showers instead of continous rain. Much depends also upon wind speed and on how much water the sky is holding in readiness for precipitation!

My feeling is that the game will almost certainly be ON...
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Given our injuries, let's hope it's called off.
Hubert Parry
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hubert Parry »

Hello all,

Is the match all-ticket? I have a few Torquay mates who have invited me to the game tomorrow but none of them seem to know the answer to the question. Your website isn't much help either (or am I being particularly dense?).

Good luck if the match does go ahead!
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Hubert Parry wrote:Hello all,

Is the match all-ticket? I have a few Torquay mates who have invited me to the game tomorrow but none of them seem to know the answer to the question. Your website isn't much help either (or am I being particularly dense?).

Try calling the club reception to enquire: 01803 328666.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Hubert Parry wrote:Hello all,

You can pay on the gate, it is not all ticket.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

its not all ticket, but i think if the weather is as bad as yesterday then i see this one being called off/ :(
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

ROADRUNNER wrote:its not all ticket, but i think if the weather is as bad as yesterday then i see this one being called off/ :(
The latest from the OS would suggest otherwise -
http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 55468.aspx
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

when i collected my ticket yesterday they said some pitch covers were on there way to plainmoor to protect pitch from rain that is forecast.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

yellowmonkey wrote:when i collected my ticket yesterday they said some pitch covers were on there way to plainmoor to protect pitch from rain that is forecast.
Enjoy our away end! (it has a roof and everything!)
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Here in TQ5, it has been throwing it down for 7 straight hours. If this game is on, I'll be very surprised indeed.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Fingers crossed the pitch will be playable although I have my doubts. From what I saw on BBC Weather last night, the heaviest rain looked most likely to fall early in the night and lighten as the day went on.

Knowing the weather service though, all of the above could be total b*llocks!
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!