Derby Matchday Threads

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Derby Matchday Threads

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

I'm just putting this out there to see if any of you want to have a go at doing the matchday threads for our derby games against Exeter and Plymouth? The reason i ask is because, not being a local, i feel some of you guys would be much more knowledgable about them as opponents and also you may have experiences of special games with both of them that you can share with us in a matchday thread. I've never been to a Devon derby although i'll be going to Exeter away in january if i can get a ticket and so as these games are extra special for all Torquay fans but especially born and bred Devonians, it may be better one of you doing them.

I'm happy to do them if nobody has a yearning desire and i shall endeavour to make them as passionate and entertaining as possible but if you want the gig for these two then it's yours. I'll be back as normal for the Aldershot away game on the 29th. Let me know as soon as anyway as i need to start working on the thread in the next couple of days so i can get it up in plenty of time.

Cheers all :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

You do your usual, inimitable, OP and invite those who so wish to contribute further with memories of great clashes past. That way, we get the best of both worlds; your old nonsense and a POTM from Stefano about a game from 1784. Everybody wins.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Ok then i'll do them. Given 200 and odd people have viewed this and nobody has yet to come forward i think means nobody is interested so i'll get cracking with the Exeter one.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

It's Tuesday and I'm already getting a bit excited about the game v Exeter. The lack of posting on the board makes me feel like I'm the only one though!

Come on Andy, get the thread up and running so we can discuss how 'Curo' can't handle a bit of the rough stuff and the fact that city's central midfield are weak and that Krysiak comes from the Paul Jones school of flappery.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I'm working on it mate and should have it up and running at some point tomorrow. :clap:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

austrianandygull wrote:I'm working on it mate and should have it up and running at some point tomorrow. :clap:
god help us.................. 8/ =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

ee by'eck thas an ungrateful sod! :lol:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Just read on twitter from the tufc match announcer that he thinks the game on Saturday will be called off.

How bad is the rain down in TQ1?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

It's been quite heavy down here, not been up past plainmoor to see the pitch though. Can see how the game might be called off, lots more heavy rain to come too.
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Think he might be spot on, sadly. Was raining heavily for the last half hour of the match Saturday and for a few hours after, started again on Sunday afternoon, and again quite heavily on Monday night. It is now raining hard too with more set to fall before the weekend. Have to say (and I am not attaching blame to anyone) the pitch looked the worst I have seen it for some time against Northampton, and a dry week was really needed in order to prepare properly for a game a week later.

Wouldn't normally give these comments too much credence because drainage at Plainmoor has consistently been excellent. In fact, since the sump and drainage facilities were installed 10 or so years ago, I can only think of 1 or 2 instances of postponed fixtures due to waterlogging. Really think it's touch and go on this occasion though.

Would be a shame because everyone is clearly so excited about this fixture, but it would actually be a massive blessing in disguise given our current injury and suspension plight.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Weather forecast for the next few days pretty much all over the uk is for heavy rain :(
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Heard from a steward in a briefing they had that if there was anymore rain from the weekend it would be likely the game would be off on Saturday
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

Just spoke to Mr. Reading, groundsman's very confident that the match will be on. Pitch looks alright at the moment.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

holsten wrote:Just spoke to Mr. Reading, groundsman's very confident that the match will be on. Pitch looks alright at the moment.
Cheers Holsten, lets hope so!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Sorry for the delay all but i've been really busy. The Exeter thread WILL DEFINATELY be up at some point tomorrow. I'm working on it.