wycombe wanderers v torquay united - 6/10/12 league two

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

wycombe wanderers v torquay united - 6/10/12 league two

Post by bixieupnorth »

right then after the excitement of tuesday nights splendid comeback lets see if our boys can carry on in the same vein against a wycombe side in very poor form indeed

they've not won at home all season and we are justified favourites at all the main bookmakers at a tasty looking 7/5

hopefully we'll begin with jarvis and howe upfront as we ended the 4 goal half at plainmoor, the newly extended contract signing manager will surely see how well the team played and go for it from the off?

the reduced price of a fiver should boost the gate considerably, but our display will ensure that most of them dont return to watch the conference bound side very often

i'll go for 0-3, howe, jarvis 2, 189 gulls there

cheers
still keeping the faith
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Absolutely no chance of Jarvis starting,it will be Howe up front on his own as usual. Ling isnt going to change the formation especially away from home at the moment.

I would expect the same eleven that started on tues (as long as they are fit). Certainly hope for a good result and their will be more than 189 Gulls there.....we had over 200 at Chestefield, far further and over 200 midweek at Wimbledon, similar jourey to Wycombe. Would have been about 250-300 or so but now with a reduction it will probably be over 400 or so.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

We usually take a decent amount to Wycombe. Dont think many more will go that had planned to before as it wasnt annonced till yesterday about the cheap ticket deal for us.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

think we will win 2 nil with howe on the score sheet again, with it being near london and a fiver to get in there will be around 400 gulls there. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Cheers for doing the matchday threads Bix, appreciated mate. I'm a bit skint after the sojourn to Devon but i might go tomorrow given the offer price. I haven't decided yet.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Could be they will have ex-Gull Jo Kuffour in their side.. He was with Torquay from 2002 to 2006 during the time of Leroy Rosenior; must be over 30 years old now.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Gullscorer wrote:Could be they will have ex-Gull Jo Kuffour in their side.. He was with Torquay from 2002 to 2006 during the time of Leroy Rosenior; must be over 30 years old now.
He's 31 in November

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Can anyone who has been to Adams Park give me a quick run down of what it's like, where's best to park and what's nearby cheers. I've never been before and am considering going tomorrow so any info would be great. :-D
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

austrianandygull wrote:Can anyone who has been to Adams Park give me a quick run down of what it's like, where's best to park and what's nearby cheers. I've never been before and am considering going tomorrow so any info would be great. :-D
Parkings easy enough. There is a car park at the ground which they charge for. Its at the top of an industrial estate so some of the places on there allow parking for a small fee aswell I beleive. There is a bar at the ground which let away fans in last time we went and theres a Pub at the bottom of the industrial estate aswell. Not a bad day out and a decent ground aswell to be fair. And its only £5 to get in you cant really go wrong!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

Cheers Alex
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

I've just decided.....................I'M GOOOOOOOIN!!!!! :scarf:
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

I'm feeling quite ill. Shall I go tomorrow?
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend

:red: :slap:

C,mon Nick, a bit below the belt man! :lol:
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Would like to see Macklin start in front of Stevens tomorrow. Persist with Bodin in behind Howe and give him the ball a bit more. Back to the 1-0 wins I reckon.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Haha Andy, I'm genuinely serious. Wasn't feeling it but the offer is tempting..