torquay united v aldershot town - 2nd october 2012

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

torquay united v aldershot town - 2nd october 2012

Post by bixieupnorth »

seeing as andys in devon, and i'm on a day off work i thought i'd nip in and do a poor attempt at beginning the matchday thread again, i think i only lost one of 6 or 7 that i started last season

i have neither the time, nor the knowledge, or inclination, to even begin to master the superb precis that the austrian does

so i'm merely going to create this place where rest of you can muse on the likely result, performance and crowd for this apparently winnable fourth division fixture

after attending three games so far this season, the excellent encounter with cheltenham, the dour affair at rotherham, and the fairly good result last saturday, i, as the rest of us know, think that we are overdue one of corking performances.
hopefully tonight is the night against a lowly placed, and two defeats on the trot, aldershot side. the bookies (shhhh!!) make us clear favourites, and we all know to our costs how many times they get things wrong!!

if we can get a holding midfielder back fit in time, then who knows, cruise did a pretty good job there on saturday, i havent heard an update on morris, easton or even craig, but lathrope definately wont be playing i imagine??

the rest of the team picks itself, standard back five, manse, the off form bodin and rene howe seem to be definate starters, hopefully st martij will have a few tricks up his sleeve and wiull spur lil danny and macklin on tonight, plus that absent midfield space

we need to turn draws into wins at home, tonight should be the night, i'll go 3-1, howe 2 and bodin, a very disappointing 2076 there

a link to form stats here

http://www.windrawwin.com/predictionsne ... 2&i=169338

enjoy the game
still keeping the faith
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

We've all been banging on about the club doing deals and vouchers to increase attendances for a while, and we'll see how it helps things tonight. Although Aldershot will spoil it by bringing 20.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Was going to do this, have been considerably busier than I imagined, cheers Bix.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

doubt the 2for1 offer will make much difference, as it meant a trip to the club in advance to pick up the tickets, and as we all know, the south devon public like to avoid plainmoor as much as possible anyway, so two trips for one game is never likely to boost thec crowd much, unfortunately
still keeping the faith
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

bixieupnorth wrote:doubt the 2for1 offer will make much difference, as it meant a trip to the club in advance to pick up the tickets, and as we all know, the south devon public like to avoid plainmoor as much as possible anyway, so two trips for one game is never likely to boost thec crowd much, unfortunately
Me and a few mates made the trip to Plainmoor to get the deal. It's good financial sense even with the travel costs to get to Plainmoor. I would have come to this game anyway but I think my friends were enticed a bit more by the offer. There's not much more the club can do to get people in than a 2 for 1 offer. I hope the move is successful.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I've also managed to get a few friends to come thanks to the offer. They're two couples, and when i've invited them before, they've been scared away by the joint 40ish pound cost for something that only lasts a couple of hours. When I first came i found the atmosphere of live football infectious, and have been a season ticket holder ever since, so even if we get a just a few more regulars coming, the offer will have done its job.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Got to say for the life of me I cannot understand why this voucher cannot be redeemable on the night - a real lack of imagination there. I will be going though - bloody awful night for it as well.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Actually they could have done more - I am penalised by being a supporter who doesn't live close to Torbay - I could have brought six people to the game had I been able to redeem the vouchers tonight.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote:Got to say for the life of me I cannot understand why this voucher cannot be redeemable on the night - a real lack of imagination there. I will be going though - bloody awful night for it as well.
I look forward to your match report!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

I don't know why but I think we are going to win and win by some margin tonight.

Hopefully the crowd will be above 2,000 with the 2 for 1 vouchers but I can't see aldershot bringing many tonight.

3-0 gulls.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

champions league too, devons favourite team playing against cluj, thats a few more that wont be coming along

agreed, bring the voucher to turnstiles, two for one, simple
still keeping the faith
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

oh no!

I've just seen who's refereeing tonight and it's that little runt Stuart Atwell :aww:

hope he doesn't shaft us like every other match we've had him for
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Keeper Michael Poke 1
Defender Joe Oastler 2
Defender Aaron Downes 4
Defender Brian Saah 5
Defender Kevin Nicholson 3
Midfielder Nathan Craig 20
Midfielder Niall Thompson 29
Midfielder Lee Mansell 7
Midfielder Danny Stevens 19
Midfielder Billy Bodin 15
Striker Rene Howe 9

cut and pasted from OS, nice little match day feature page there now

so niall in for easton, craig for macklin
Last edited by bixieupnorth on 02 Oct 2012, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Substitutes
Goal Keeper Martin Rice 13
Defender Daniel Leadbitter 12
Striker Ryan Jarvis 8
Defender Thomas Cruise 21
Striker Karl Baker 22
Striker Ashley Yeoman 23
Defender Kirtys Mackenzie 30

steve breed on co comm, excellent, had a good chat to him in the darby tup on saturday
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

crowd sounds small as expected
still keeping the faith