AN APOLOGY

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

AN APOLOGY

Post by Scottish Gull »

I know I'm going to get a lot of stick and abuse for a long time and I accept that!! I am extremely sorry and dismaid by my childish and foolish actions at chesterfield away today. This is completely out of character as many who have met me at the games will agree with. As reports suggest that I was thrown out these are completely wrong I was advised to leave for my own safety, advice that I promptly took. I would like to apologise, firstly to Billy and Rene whose attack I ruined!! Secondly to the rest of the squad and Mr Ling!! Thirdly to the club (TUFC) and the Yellow Army!! And lastly to all involved at chesterfield fc!! I have let myself, my friends and fellow supporters down because of a moment of utter lunacy. For this I beg forgiveness and pray that you all take my word that hand on my heart i will NEVER EVER BE SO STUPID AGAIN!!

I do not know why I did what I did but as I have said I am deeply dismaid and full of regret, and wish this whole situation never arose, for this I am Deeply very very sorry.

Please find it within yourselves to forgive me, I realise that all trust and respect I had built up within the Yellow Army has now diminished and it will take along time to gain it back. But as I Know and other members have said TUFC is one big family. I don't want to be banished away for as I have said a moment of sheer lunacy.

Sincerest wishes

Scottish
DJAF
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

well what a plonker. :@ :slap:

a few gentleman who were in the crowd were doubting your parentage and what you do with your hands

i was there and I forgive thee.

do it again though (im sure you wont) and prepare to suffer the consequences..................
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

No worries Dom, again it was a moment of madness, you have accepted you did something probably out of character and deeply regret it. The people that know you ( i don't know you that well but well enough i suppose) know you aren't a brainless knuckledragger, although when you speak it does come across that way :lol: . I do actually believe in the heat of the moment people were right to have a go but in hindsight some were perhaps a bit over the top and should also look at themselves on reflection and contemplate if their reaction was acceptable behaviour. I mean it's not as if you threw a grenade on the pitch or attacked some other footy fans or something. I certainly wouldn't have been as convivial as you if someone was screaming in my face calling me allsorts. Like i said on my match post, i'm sure most decent folk would appreciate that on this occasion you've been a total cock and at least you have the decency to apologise. If you were a true moron which i'm sure many people think you are now sadly, you would come on here bragging about how cool it was and stuff. Naughty boy Dom but we know you won't do it again. If you do then you can go and start supporting that shower down at Sid James's Park! :lol:
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

Any chance you could disclose what you did? For those who weren't there loike.
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Scottish Gull »

I unfortunately blew a whistle whilst we were on the attack..I am a complete and utter numpty for my actions and again I apologise
DJAF
Parry
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Parry »

You naughty boy! That will cost a fiver to rowcroft im afraid.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Thing is, had it been at a better time (maybe when the ball was miles out of play) it would have been funny, but your timing was so far out it's untrue.
No real tangible harm done, so I suppose that, provided you're happy to take a big bag full of stick for it, then it would be pointless of us to hold it against you forever.

That said, do it again, and I'll be sure to fight my way to the front of the very long queue and throw you out myself :whip:

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Scottish Gull wrote:I unfortunately blew a whistle whilst we were on the attack..I am a complete and utter numpty for my actions and again I apologise

Oh, i didn't know we were on the attack! Dom you stupid c**t!!!!!!!!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

You may apologise by ruining an opposition attack by whistle blowing! Might I suggest against Argyle or Exeter?
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Your timing was bloody awful. There we were, on a rare breakaway attack, and you blow the "Full time" whistle. Not the best decision you could have made. Can I ask, why did you take a whistle, to a football match, anyway. You must have known that you were going to use it?

Anyway you have been a brave boy, coming onto the forum, so just this once I will forgive you. ( I was not amused at the time) Not sure if Billy Bodin will though. Next time Dom, leave your whistle, at home, in Bonny Scotland. :red:
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

I think for once that the phrase. Let those who are without sin throw the first stone. And I don't mean you matt.
This was a one off aberation. At least I hope it was, You have done the only thing you could have done and come hear and made an abject apology. with the promise of repentance. I forgive your actions. As should anyone. But rest assured you won't find any rest should you do it again.
To those who seem intent on not forgiving and for behaviour which also brings our good name in disrepute, be aware. Be very aware. Your actions may also be under scrutiny.
I bet the Chesterfield fans must be thinking we are a right bunch of Numpties tonight.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Scottish Gull wrote:I know I'm going to get a lot of stick and abuse for a long time and I accept that!! I am extremely sorry and dismaid by my childish and foolish actions at chesterfield away today. This is completely out of character as many who have met me at the games will agree with. As reports suggest that I was thrown out these are completely wrong I was advised to leave for my own safety, advice that I promptly took. I would like to apologise, firstly to Billy and Rene whose attack I ruined!! Secondly to the rest of the squad and Mr Ling!! Thirdly to the club (TUFC) and the Yellow Army!! And lastly to all involved at chesterfield fc!! I have let myself, my friends and fellow supporters down because of a moment of utter lunacy. For this I beg forgiveness and pray that you all take my word that hand on my heart i will NEVER EVER BE SO STUPID AGAIN!!

I do not know why I did what I did but as I have said I am deeply dismaid and full of regret, and wish this whole situation never arose, for this I am Deeply very very sorry.

Please find it within yourselves to forgive me, I realise that all trust and respect I had built up within the Yellow Army has now diminished and it will take along time to gain it back. But as I Know and other members have said TUFC is one big family. I don't want to be banished away for as I have said a moment of sheer lunacy.

Sincerest wishes

Scottish
I don't get it. You make Dappy look like Stephen fry.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

forgiven here too, found the whole thing, and the over the top reaction by several people, faintly amusing, just a shame about the timing of the whistle!
still keeping the faith
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Torquay fan in a skirt halts dangerous Torquay attack by blowing a whistle. You couldn't make it up really. Make sure you check if he is in the Prediction League and if he had the game down as 1-1 take the points off him! ;-)

Diamondgirl made the best point though. If it was just a moment of madness with no prior intent what the hell was the whistle doing in the sporran in the first place?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Wasn't at the game nor could I follow the events of the game sadly, Scottishgull, it takes a brave man to come and admit you have done wrong and apologise, I am not going preach to you, nor should anyone else, you clearly know what you did was wrong, did it cost the team a goal, who knows, it may not have done we will never know, so don't beat yourself up about this.

I have been going to football since I was 11, now 43, I can remember doing some very stupid things as a teenager/20 something, so I am stood in a glass house, and will not be throwing any stones.
Formerly known as forevertufc