PSF: Torquay United v Stoke City 06/08/12

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

PSF: Torquay United v Stoke City 06/08/12

Post by Colorado Gull »

I realise a thread has been made (numerous amount of times) about the Leicster game, however tomorrow (as you all know) we have another pre season friendly against our toughest opposition yet in premier league outfit Stoke City. The grand opening of Bristow's Bench will be opened and I hope to hear and join in with a 'one Paul Bristow' chant as the stand is opened. I think that would be a very nice gesture from the fans if that could happen.

On the pitch, it'll be a very tough game as we'll be up against top division players (the likes of Crouch, Delap, Huth etc) but fitness is the key thing for pre season and hopefully we look up to scratch.

I'll be going to this, standing in the popside (where I belong) for this one and as I won't be going to the Weston Super Mare game next Friday, this will be my last friendly all ready for the season ahead!

The club has said that there isn't a rush for tickets but don't leave it too late on the day.

Bristow's Bench: Adults £14, Consessions £12, Under 16's £6
Family Stand: Adults £13, Consessions £11, Under 16's £6
Popside: Adults £12, Consessions £10, Under 16's £6
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As said can't go to this game, look forward to reading the match reports when I get home.
Formerly known as forevertufc
bengull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by bengull »

Going to sample Bristow's bench for this one as I have yet to experience it, so my vocal abilities won't be available on the pop-side. My view on PSF's are that results are secondary to performance (apart from against E*eter) so it would be encouraging if we could hold our own for large periods of the match against premier league opposition. Reckon the first XI might give us some clue as to Lingy's strongest line-up, with the usual changes being made from HT onwards.

Be interesting to see a match from 'the other side' for only the second time in 16 years, hope the sun isn't too bright!
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

Sorry Danny but i don't DO PSF matchday threads as they are beneath me. :lol:

No , good stuff mate and this should be a good, physical test for us. Obviously we'll probably get beaten but like Ben says it's the performance that matters, it's the team getting a chance to knit together that matters and not the result. Again like all the PSF games i can't go because i live miles away and i'm not travelling down just for a meaningless game but i still would love to be there in Bristows and sampling the atmosphere. Hopefully Torquay might ditch the usual suspects like WSM , Tivvy etc next preseason and do a tour of Yorkshire!
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Neither do I, I don't do proper match day threads altogether, I leave that to the professionals ;-)

I'll just stick to match reports and YouTube ;-) :nod:
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I reckon PSFs are a must for supporters and this one is special for obvious reasons.

Besides the benefits of PSFs to the playing staff, the supporters get a feel as to what to expect (or not) when the real season begins.

My hopes for the season are we play to our full potential, give it our best shot and we finish where we finish.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

What time is kick off?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Nick . . . 7.30pm, that's what it says on my Popside ticket, although the match is not all ticket.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Cheers Troj, just back from holiday so a bit out of the loop.
blueboy
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by blueboy »

Didn't realise you were playing Stoke. Are they bringing a first team down?
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Hope everyone going tonight takes some nurofen's for the ensuing neck ache of watching Stoke kill football for an hour and a half.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Starting 11 should give a clear indication to what Martin thinks is his strongest XI.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Teams:

Torquay - Poke; Oastler, Downes, Saah, Nicholson; Lathrope; Stevens, Mansell, Jarvis, Morris; Howe.

Subs Leadbitter, Rice, Macklin, Bodin, MacKenzie, Easton, Cruise, Thompson, Yeoman, Ifil.

Stoke - Sorensen, Sebastian, Whelan, Wilson, Shawcross, Walters, Upson, Crouch, Etherington, Shotton, Palacios.

Subs Higginbotham, Ness, Jones, Sidibe, Whitehead, Tonge, Delap, Wilkinson, Arismendi, Jerome.
TUST member 328
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Looks like the likely starting 11 for stoke? Tough test this one!

Surprised Jarvis starts ahead of Bodin also?
TUST member 328
slay1373
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by slay1373 »

No Craig either?