Form going into Play-offs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Form going into Play-offs

Post by GulldenBoy »

Yesterday as I was despairing when we went 3-0 down I thought to myself at least we'll play Cheltenham in the play-offs but this is just because I get the impression that Crewe are the form team.

Here are the actual facts for the last 10 games:

Southend WWWDWLWLWD - games won 6 lost 2 drawn 2 - current winning run: 3 games
Torquay LDLDDWWWLW - games won 4 lost 3 drawn 3 - games since win: 5 games
Cheltenham WWLWLWLDLL - games won 4 lost 5 drawn 1 - current winning run: 2 games
Crewe DDWDWDDWWW - games won 5 lost 0 drawn 5 - games since win: 2 games

I think what is most shocking for me is our current run and although there were some good draws in there we have properly choked at the wrong time, Also, although unbeaten Crewe's form isn't as good as I supposed and Cheltenham seem to have started to put some form together.

The only bright spark for me is that Cheltenham haven't done so well against the top teams and their team doesn't always turn up. I think our recent cup pedigree will help us and we do seem to get up for the big games.

If we can survive the away leg then I'm hopeful.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

The most important thing in your favour is that 1. Your home form has,over the season been good and 2. GENERALLY you have not conceded many goals. You now have what is two possibly three CUP FINALS and its all down to how you play on the night. You have got ,IMO the BEST draw by having Cheltenham. The atmosphere at the ground can also be important. Cheltenham is a ground where YOU can create a great atmosphere for your players and really get behind them. Good luck....better to have the chance of the play offs than not!!!!
Mr_T1nker
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by Mr_T1nker »

Just interested, as an outsider looking in friendlygas, who would you fancy to win the play-offs ??
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by coley in stripes »

What was it Lee Mansell said before the Wimbledon game (something about having the boll*cks), sorry Lee but you have been well and truly CASTRATED. The last 5 games have been a matter of 'bottle', and on performances Gulls have proved that they have none...(3 out of 15 points) Sorry.

People have often posted that we have over achieved this season,that has nothing to do with it, you deal with the situation that you have achieved or find yourself in, and Gulls haven't, it's been all let go.

You need 'bottle' to get through the playoffs and there is no evidence that things are going to change. 5 games without a win is not a good ground to go into the playoffs...I feel let down by the team, not for missing promotion but not performing despite the many excuses that were given....Nerves !! Nerves are created when you recieve a final demand bill or are waiting to see if you have been made redundant, not just doing what you are paid for. Cant see a win either way in the semis, maybe penalties after 2 draws (and that's hoping)
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

coley wrote:What was it Lee Mansell said before the Wimbledon game (something about having the boll*cks), sorry Lee but you have been well and truly CASTRATED. The last 5 games have been a matter of 'bottle', and on performances Gulls have proved that they have none...(3 out of 15 points) Sorry.

People have often posted that we have over achieved this season,that has nothing to do with it, you deal with the situation that you have achieved or find yourself in, and Gulls haven't, it's been all let go.

You need 'bottle' to get through the playoffs and there is no evidence that things are going to change. 5 games without a win is not a good ground to go into the playoffs...I feel let down by the team, not for missing promotion but not performing despite the many excuses that were given....Nerves !! Nerves are created when you recieve a final demand bill or are waiting to see if you have been made redundant, not just doing what you are paid for. Cant see a win either way in the semis, maybe penalties after 2 draws (and that's hoping)
Sorry pal, you are talking complete and utter cobblers. You aren't one of the Twitter knockers are you? Teams go through bad patches, they all do. For you to accuse someone like Manse of not having bottle is appalling, how dare you. YOU feel let down, dear god man, what about the supporters of the 90% of teams that have achieved nothing for years? What about the Hereford fans? If you can't get behind a team that gets to the play-offs (again) then shame on you.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Sorry if you disagree with my educated opinion, the bad patch was due to pressure and they weren't up to it...Simple
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

coley wrote:Sorry if you disagree with my educated opinion, the bad patch was due to pressure and they weren't up to it...Simple
Sorry mate, if that is an "educated" opinion, I'd hate to read an uneducated one. What about winning at Crawley? What about beating Shrewsbury? What about winning week after week? What about all the clean sheets? I guess in your"educated" opinion that all counts for nothing?

I feel sorry for you pal, I really do, why do you support the Gulls if you can't take bad patches? In the last 5 years we have reached the play-offs 4 times. Most supporters would be delighted with that. I could weep when I read the stuff that people like you post and when I listen to some of the idiotic views expressed by a small number of neanderthal halfwits on the popside.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

When you have stood out in the rain at places like Histon, Gravesend, and Cambridge you are entitled to an opinion.

12 'smash and grab' 1-0 wins is great but dangerous and limited, wouldn't really glout about it though..Let's agree to disagree. I am 100% behind my team and my feelings are personal but factual.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

coley wrote:When you have stood out in the rain at places like Histon, Gravesend, and Cambridge you are entitled to an opinion.

12 'smash and grab' 1-0 wins is great but dangerous and limited, wouldn't really glout about it though..Let's agree to disagree. I am 100% behind my team and my feelings are personal but factual.
An opinion is a belief that rests on grounds insufficient to produce certainty, it is a subjective belief based on how YOU interpret "facts" that you BELIEVE are real. Sorry pal but your feelings are NOT "factual", they are how YOU see things.

FACT - we gained 81 points.
FACT - we won 23 games (1-0 wins are not "smash and grab" as you put it, but wins where we score a goal and the opposition doesn't, for you to call them "smash and grab" is demeaning and insulting).
FACT - winning 1-0 is not dangerous and limited, but WINNING.
FACT - we are in the PLAY -OFFS.

MY opinion is that the FACTS speak for themselves. I cannot be certain about this, because it is my subjective belief that the facts speak for themselves, but as a proposition it is hard to refute. Where are the FACTS that you say show we are in a bad position? There are none.
coley in stripes
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

You appear to becoming quite aggressive now so please 'back off'. You can see all the fantastic things you like but it is not wrong to to consider the whole senario. I am not going to be drawn into listing negative facts to counter yours. You believe exactly what you want to. I hope that it makes you happy, but it still won't improve the situation going into the playoffs...BYE
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

coley wrote:You appear to becoming quite aggressive now so please 'back off'. You can see all the fantastic things you like but it is not wrong to to consider the whole senario. I am not going to be drawn into listing negative facts to counter yours. You believe exactly what you want to. I hope that it makes you happy, but it still won't improve the situation going into the playoffs...BYE
Not aggressive, just very annoyed at what you have said and your extreme negativity when the players have given their all this season. I have listed the FACTS, and you have nothing to counter this. You have a damn cheek stating that your favourite player is Lee Mansell and then stating that he has no bottle. Shame on you. BYE.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

coley wrote:What was it Lee Mansell said before the Wimbledon game (something about having the boll*cks), sorry Lee but you have been well and truly CASTRATED. The last 5 games have been a matter of 'bottle', and on performances Gulls have proved that they have none...(3 out of 15 points) Sorry.

Had no bottle? I think from going behind 3-0 at HT, coming out scoring 2, creating many chances and looking a completely different side is having a lot of bottle. That's with most of them running on empty.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

coley wrote:You appear to becoming quite aggressive now so please 'back off'. You can see all the fantastic things you like but it is not wrong to to consider the whole senario. I am not going to be drawn into listing negative facts to counter yours. You believe exactly what you want to. I hope that it makes you happy, but it still won't improve the situation going into the playoffs...BYE
dear me coley!

you typify the Torquay supporter who will turn in an instance when the good times suddenly stop

as for an educated opinion -> :lol:

in general

for all the ones who have twittered players, you should be ashamed! Lee mansell covers every blade of grass in pursuit of 3 points, who are you to say otherwise?

stop speaking out of your ass, sell out of the home and away allocation, get behind the lads and lets get to wembley :scarf:
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Thank you to the other posters for pointing out to coley the extreme error of his ways. The problem with the internet and forums in particular is that it gives idiots the chance to say the first thought that comes into their heads. As they are idiots the first thought that comes into their heads is often imbecilic, always wrong (not based on reality/facts) and sometimes offensive and, potentially, damaging. Why in god's name would anybody with a grain of sense accuse Manse of having no bottle? I asked coley if he was one of those doing something similar on Twitter, he didn't answer this, I wonder why.
usagullmichigan
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by usagullmichigan »

Coley has a brother on here, his name begins with B. :~D