End of season celebration party!

General chat about anything else goes here.
GirlOnATerrace
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

End of season celebration party!

Post by GirlOnATerrace »

(I've copied this from where it was originally posted)

Hello everyone!
A few of us fans have decided that there is only one way to end this crazy season, and that is with a good old evening of beer and sherry! We decided that the best date for this is the Friday 11th May AFTER the final game at Hereford, and everyone is welcome! We did plan on having it on the Saturday 12th May but the club already have a charity event booked.

The venue will be held at Torquay United itself up in the Gulls Nest and the Number 10's restaurant.We agree that this would be the best place for a few reasons;
1) We can celebrate promotion (fingers crossed) with the back drop of Fortress Plainmoor!
2) It's money for the club. :nod:

The evening will start at 7:30pm.

There will be a DJ who will be arriving at 7:30pm and will finish at midnight. He is well known at Plainmoor as he has done a number of gigs up there in the past so seems pretty reliable. There will be a raffle taking place too half way through the evening.

It is all ticket to get in as the club did ask if we wanted them to publish it but we said no because we didn't want 200 people turning up on the night as we can only allow 170ish people. It will be £3.50 per person so if anyone is interested then let either Olie Marles or Becka Quantick aware. It's first come first serve bases and they would rather have the money upfront when purchasing a ticket as they won't be allowing anyone through on the night unless people are coming from a distance.

If you want anymore info - just email me - [email protected] or Becka [email protected] for details!

If your on facebook, here is the events page: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...

Feel free to invite others to this event!

COYY! :scarf:
Aussie
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Aussie »

This is a great idea, first I heard of it was when someone told me it was right after the Hereford game, glad it is being organised properly!
Well done guys!
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

Have you considered that we might be playing in a play-off game that night? Hopefully play-offs won't be necessary, but it was just a thought.

I'm not sure if it's been decided yetwhether it will be League 1 or 2 game, but Sky are planning to show a play-off game that night.
GirlOnATerrace
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by GirlOnATerrace »

Yes we have considered Playoffs. But by the sounds of it we don't think it will clash. If it does then we will cancel and have to re organise I guess.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by bobby93 »

Already a thread.

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3904" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele