another 15 point month?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: okane

another 15 point month?

Post by tufc4life1 »

can we keep our 100% winning run in 2012 up over the next month?
Its going to be very difficult to get another 15 points but its very possible :)

Rotherham are on a bad run of form recently

shrewsbury we always beat at home for some reason

cheltenham I honestly think we could beat them

bradford you don't know what your going to get but should beat them at home

gillingham aren't on greatest form at moment even though there scoring a lot but think we due a win against them.

If we get more than 12 points this month i honestly think we could get an automatic spot.
only worry is if we do loose one or two games there a young squad so heads might drop and our season might fade away :(
i hope this doesn't happen as i reckon we could mount a real push for promotion :)
Think we should aim for all 15 points but if it comes to it ill be happy with 10 :goal:
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

15 points ? :O

We'd only need another 10 - 12 from March/April to be odds on for a playoff spot.

With the way the weather is oop north at the moment, we may not get all of 15 points this month. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Why not we've proved now we can win up north on cold windy afternoons most difficult one i think is gillingham away all rest i think are winable :)
Look at start of January who would of thought we would win 5 out of 5 :)
Yes this month will be tough but why not?
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

I think people need to stay realistic. These are tough fixtures and people shouldn't be overly disheartened if we can't pick up 10 points.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What I meant is, if a postponement happens, we won't get the possible maximum 15 points. ;-)
tufc4life1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tufc4life1 »

Oh right good point actually cheltenham on Tuesday night might struggle :
and i know Steve but if we win our 2 home games that's 6 points win 1 away game and draw that's 10 points i would be chuffed with that but would equally take 8points
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

tufc4life1 wrote:Oh right good point actually cheltenham on Tuesday night might struggle :
and i know Steve but if we win our 2 home games that's 6 points win 1 away game and draw that's 10 points i would be chuffed with that but would equally take 8points
Yeah, it wasn't completey aimed at you tbh, but a lot of people seem to be 'expecting' results against teams now, and that is a dangerous game to play. Ling will be telling the players to take it one game at a time, and I think the fans should look at it the same way, and get behind the lads!

It is tempting to dream of it though...
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

15 points is a massive challenge, yes it is possible but not likely. We can't get ahead of ourselves, let's take this month game by game, result by result (which is what I think Ling and the players will do) and see where it takes us. I predict that we get around 10 points in February and even if we do get 10/15 it is a successful month. I would absolutely love it if we got 15 points, that would be amazing but I'm not getting my hopes up in getting 5 wins this month.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I would take 8 points from this month. Win the two home games, and try and draw two of the away games. They're a tough run of games though and I would be very happy if by the end of the month we still had a seven point gap over the team just outside the playoffs
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

I'm still pinching myself to see I didn't dream we took maximum points in January. :)

One game at a time. Rotherham next. :-D
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

tufc4life1
Its going to be very difficult to get another 15 points but its very possible
I admire your optimism, but obviously there isn't a hope in hell of acquiring 15 points when you look at that set of fixtures in front of us.
With the pantomime season ending it's time to return to reality & that includes a bit of realism with our football expectations.

There's more chance of Danny Stevens winning a header than the Gulls picking up 15 points during February.

Of course I'd love to be wrong :rules:
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

First of all we aren't going to get 15 points this month. If we do then we WILL win the league and i will buy an exshitter shirt and wear it for a month. As i have said before on another thread and as stevegull and danny have eluded to, some fans are kind of expecting to win all the time now and that is a worry as it isn't going to continue forever. If we get 9 i will be more than happy but 6 or 7 will be fine. In our current vein of form we can reasonably expect to beat Bradford and perhaps Rotherham although it will be a tough game on saturday. Cheltenham away will be the hardest and defeat would not be the end of the world. Gillingham could seriously go either way dependant on the Gillingham that are going to turn up and Shrewsbury at home willbe tough but i'd be more than happy with a point. I want to remain positive but there is a chance that if we lose on saturday then we could go into a slump to last the whole of february. There are no indications that this could happen but this is Torquay and i just don't want to get carried away.. As for 15 points this month though, not a prayer.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i agree andy, i'd be over the moon with ten points this month, rotherham is always tough, and we've got allow for some time for saah to bed back into the defence and find his true fitness, how long has he been without a full first team match now?? rotherham have a couple of new signings who will no doubt be keen to impress. so i'd take a point there.
shrews, yeah we always do do well, but its only the fans who really believe that fact, they're as desperate for points as we are, and maybe they will give us some respect, but i fully expect them to come down and go for it
ooops the ovens dinging, just got in from 12 hr shift, so my food comes first, it'll soon be too late to eat, as i've got to allow indigestion time these days before i can think about settling down in front of the tv!
still keeping the faith
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

austrianandygull wrote:First of all we aren't going to get 15 points this month. If we do then we WILL win the league and i will buy an exshitter shirt and wear it for a month. As i have said before on another thread and as stevegull and danny have eluded to, some fans are kind of expecting to win all the time now and that is a worry as it isn't going to continue forever. If we get 9 i will be more than happy but 6 or 7 will be fine. In our current vein of form we can reasonably expect to beat Bradford and perhaps Rotherham although it will be a tough game on saturday. Cheltenham away will be the hardest and defeat would not be the end of the world. Gillingham could seriously go either way dependant on the Gillingham that are going to turn up and Shrewsbury at home willbe tough but i'd be more than happy with a point. I want to remain positive but there is a chance that if we lose on saturday then we could go into a slump to last the whole of february. There are no indications that this could happen but this is Torquay and i just don't want to get carried away.. As for 15 points this month though, not a prayer.
Oh come on. Did you have to say that. You would look less silly in a bra and panties a la Madonna with ice cream down your front and a cherry on top your head. oh the shame to having to wear THAT Shirt
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Slightly off topic, but if we'd have picked up points at out present season average of 1.7/game, throughout our 8 game winless run, we'd be top by 9 points.

Andy is right, it's not pessimistic to suggest that we certainly will not get maximum points this month. We should beat Bradford, I'd like us to do Shrewsbury at home too. A point at Rotherham and one against Cheltenham with another win versus Gillingham is absolutely the best we can reasonably expect. Two wins, three draws and a loss is probably about right.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"