Some of you won't like this thread...

General chat about anything else goes here.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Some of you won't like this thread...

Post by ferrarilover »

Ok, the BBC news was on earlier and they were covering the Stephen Lawrence sentencing. The roving reporter went out during the day and interviewed some locals. He got to one very old man who said:

It's a stitch up... Coz it was a **** what got done.

They were, near enough, his exact words, and the key work in that sentence is the one he used. Prior to the VT being shown, there was a warning that the feature contained "racially upsetting language"

Now, two things: do we think News at Ten were right to use that interview, or should they have canned it and is it ok to be shown, simply because they warned about it?

Over to you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If you felt it was ok to post this thread then why shouldn't they have used that interview?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Did not see it Matt, however going on what you said, my answer would be yes, totaly right to show it.

I think it is important that the media have the power to report and show life in the u.k excatly how it is, why hide it?
Racism is still there , not just whites on Black's, Blacks on white, Blacks on asian's and so on, as long as reporting is balanced.

It highlight's the problem, rasicm will not be fixed by bringing in new law after new law, only education catch them young teach them no matter the skin colour we all have the right to live as equals.
Formerly known as forevertufc
oldpedant
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldpedant »

Matt

You think it's acceptable to use the term 'faggot' (in the thread about the Hotel TV programme), so I don't understand what your point is?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

oldpedant wrote:Matt

You think it's acceptable to use the term 'faggot' (in the thread about the Hotel TV programme), so I don't understand what your point is?

Perhaps the point is that he's been taken to task for using the very word you've questioned him on ;-)
Dave

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

oldpedant wrote:Matt

Evidently, some people think it's ok to stab black people to death for no reason other than their race. It's irrelevant what other people do, my question relates specifically to the incident I mentioned.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

What is it Matt with you and the "nibber" word ?

When are you going to start on the "pannystanis". :lol:

I don't give a monkeys whether people are Pakis, **** or Yids. What I do care about is seeing hoods (criminals) brought to justice, regardless of race, colour, religion etc.

The hood wears a hood and is a hood for a reason. Ironic then that the last thing a hood wore before execution in this country by hanging was a hood.

Then there's Brotherhood and little RED BIGNECK riding 'hood. ;-)
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
DTG
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Anyone but McNeil

Post by DTG »

If we're going to be racist, i nominate the welsh as our main target, then anyone from excreta and finally people called Paul Buckle wearing poofy hair gel!
GET PHILLIPS OUT NOW!!!